from a disease called “perpetual craftinitis”. it’s a rare but serious disease. one in twelve people suffer from it.
you totally believed me, didn’t you? but really, i have this serious problem where anytime i’m not doing a craft, i feel like less of a human and immediately start doing another craft. this time, i had this poor, sad, very blank wall:
|see those two little harmless looking alarms…
they are actually satan’s offspring. why? read here.
and a pile of poor, sad, very blank canvi (my plural form of “canvas”)
so, i put my little thinking cap on and came up with a little DIY project that would turn those poor, sad, very blank things into beautiful, incredible, and perfect (not really…at all) things. here’s the process:
1) i stared at my blank wall for about a month, trying to come up with something to do with it.
2) i went up in my attic yesterday and saw my pile of unused canvi that were just begging for a purpose.
3) i went to michael’s [which i go to about as often as i go to target, which i go to about four times a week…it’s just wrong, i know]
4) i found these wooden letters:
and these two beautiful colors of spray paint:
|satin meringue and classic grey [gloss]|
5) i came home, and this happened:
i went outside and spray painted the canvi with the classic grey. i used two coats to make sure that they were covered on all sides. and remember, always spray paint in a well-ventilated area…i do not want to be responsible for any hallucinations.
|paint and let dry at least one hour before handling.
i let them sit overnight before i attached the letters.
|same procedure as the canvi, easy peezy.|
|for those of you who are wondering, this is a reference
to one of my favorite verses, micah 6:8.
simple and to the point, that’s how i like it.
|i apologize for the atrocious lighting. i took this photo at 8pm
so the only natural light around was the moon and, well, it just wasn’t cuttin’ it.