stanley’s ritz cookies

my grandpa’s name was stanley. people called him pete.
why? i have no idea.
either way, he was quite the genius in the kitchen. he always made a huge spread of food any time he knew we were coming to hang out with him. one of my favorite things of his were the cookies he made from ritz crackers. (yes, i realize that these cookies are probably not unique to my grandpa, but i’m giving him credit because he’s the one who taught me how to make them!) so i thought i’d share them with you today! they’re a super easy and fast treat.

once the chocolate has set, feel free to eat the whole pan and not share any of them.
enjoy!

1. Leigh Anne wrote:

Holy crap. I need these NOW– however my diet doesn't permit, so I'll just drool over the photos :'( haha but seriously… yum!

2. Kara wrote:

Oh yum! I've only tried that with white chocolate before. I'll have to see what the regular chocolate tastes like. Love that your grandpa was the one to show you. Most men try to stay out of the kitchen!

Posted 4.16.12 Reply
  3. I make these at Christmas and glitter green and red sugar on top! They are delicious and so addicting!

Colletta

Posted 4.16.12 Reply
  4. YUM!!! I have an obsession with peanut butter and chocolate. Add salt and I'm in heaven!

Meg
    @MissMegasaurus

5. Kathleen wrote:

Holy moly…3 of my favorite things rolled into one! 🙂 Def have to try this out soon! 🙂

6. Stephanie wrote:

We make these at Christmas! SOO good!

7. Kate wrote:

The first two sentences of this post made me laugh out loud!

Posted 4.16.12 Reply

I am making these for my boys today for their after school snack! -Karri

9. Syndal wrote:

we make these at christmas time, but cover them in almond bark..they taste just like tagalongs! you can also do it with wheat thins.

10. Emily wrote:

I made these last Christmas but the recipe I had put peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff in between the crackers. Love them!

11. Kristy W wrote:

Yum-mo!!! My mom and I make something just as easy – we take graham crackers, spread chocolate cake frosting on them, top with another cracker, then put in the fridge to harden a bit. Easy peasy and YUMMY!

Posted 4.16.12 Reply
  12. These are delicious! I love them dipped in white almond bark! 🙂 Oh! And put a pecan on top! Yum! Yum!

Posted 4.16.12 Reply
  13. oh! these look so yum and easy. i may try to make some for our life group next week. thanks for sharing.

Posted 4.16.12 Reply
  14. My mom makes these every Christmas and I am obsessed with them. I feel like they are even better than the Girl Scout tag alongs. Great, now I want to eat like 700 of them!

Posted 4.16.12 Reply
  15. Oh these are the most wonderful little treats ever! We get a baggie of them every Christmas from a special family at our church and I've usually made history of them within the afternoon… so I try to limit making them to special occasions if possible! SoooooOoooOoooO delish!

Posted 4.17.12 Reply
  16. Yum…all of my favorite things in one!

Allyson

Posted 4.17.12 Reply
  17. choco coated ritz!!:D

Posted 4.17.12 Reply
  18. These look amazing. Peanut butter is one of my favorite things!

honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

Posted 4.17.12 Reply
  19. Caitlin wrote:

These are some of my favorite things – I love them! I've never made them myself (just rely on others to provide them for me…) but I just might have to give them a shot.

Posted 4.17.12 Reply
  20. HAHAHA! Pete? Name situations like that kill me! It's like me saying, "Hi! My name's Lindsay, but you can call me Charlotte." ??? I just met a Raymond this week. He goes by Pete. ???

Anyway, these look delicious! So when I come over for blueberry muffins, I want these too. 🙂

Posted 4.20.12 Reply
  21. I absolutely adore your blog! It is so relaxing an enjoyable to read when I have some down time!

Posted 4.20.12 Reply

how do you coat them/dip them in chocolate so perfectly?

Posted 7.4.12 Reply