confetti artwork

i found this DIY over at mint love social club and knew i had to do it. it’s super simple, relatively inexpensive (if you are able to buy the canvas on sale – i got mine from Michael’s for about $25), and a perfect way to add a statement to a room without it being too over the top.
what’s great is you can totally customize it – color, size, shape, everything.

i also love that it reminds me a lot of kate spade because, well, i’m kinda obsessed with anything kate these days. kate spade, i mean, not my sister kate. well, her too.

1. Sam wrote:

Cute! You could even use paint chips in different colors to make your confetti dots!

2. Kate wrote:

What! You aren't obsessing with me?!?

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  3. I especially love the shimmer dots. So fun, kind of like champagne bubbles.

4. Brook wrote:

I really love it! I'm also obsessed with all things KS. Why aren't I rich?

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  5. I LOVE this!!! And the rest of your room too (from what I could see in the picture)! Think this might be in the works over at my apartment too 🙂

Posted 6.20.12 Reply

Obvi I am a little obsessed with all things Kate too! This is such a lovely project!!

7. Alyssa wrote:

So cute! xo

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  8. Love how simple it is! Great styling of the whole space!

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  9. oh my gosh i LOVEEEEE this! so fun!

10. Carly wrote:

Loveeeee this! So easy, and it looks amazing!

Carly

11. Anjanette wrote:

Cute! Switching the colors up would make it perfect for any type of room. We did something similar with butterfly cut-outs for our kids!

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  12. I love this idea and I really want to try it, with the sparkly gold dots, and by try it I mean find someone who already did it and is selling it on Etsy. Sooo if you decide to branch out of the jewelry biz, let me know!

Posted 6.20.12 Reply

That is adorable! I think it would be perfect for my daughter's room too. Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.20.12 Reply

So simple and such a sweet look! I think I might have to try this…thanks Lauren!

Lindsay @
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  15. I saw this on Jess Contable's Makeunder My Life, and I've been wanting to do it ever since! Yours turned out beautifully, and it really is your style!

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  16. Adorable!!! What a simple but brilliant idea for artwork. Thanks for sharing!

17. Natalie wrote:

Lauren!

I am so glad you wee inspired by my confetti art and I love the color scheme you choose!!! thanks for the link love 🙂

<3Natalie

18. Maria wrote:

I am kind of obsessed with this! This is so beautiful!

19. Holly wrote:

I made some confetti art this winter in different matte and sparkly golds and silvers! Yours turned out great! I made my for my office and have yet to hang them up. Fail! Haha!

Posted 6.20.12 Reply
  20. Too cute! I love anything confetti!

21. Emily wrote:

I love this! You could even change the colors of the dots to match the seasons… how cute would a few of bright pinks dots be?!?

xoxo
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

Posted 6.21.12 Reply
  22. Simple but creative; I love it!

Posted 6.21.12 Reply
  23. Amanda wrote:

What a fun idea!

Posted 6.21.12 Reply
  24. Kristi wrote:

This is so fun! I am going to have to try this for my apartment.

Posted 6.21.12 Reply
  25. What a great little project! I'm a fan of dots. 😉 And Kate Spade. And your sis, too. AND YOU!

Posted 6.21.12 Reply

Cute! I love it by your little bedside table set up!

Posted 6.21.12 Reply
  27. Breanna wrote:

Suuuch a fun project! I did similar art for my bedroom, above each of my night stands- just smaller canvasses & different colors 🙂

Posted 6.22.12 Reply

Hi!
    Where did you get that great white storage/ night stand? Lovin' it.

Lesa

Posted 6.26.12 Reply
  29. Love this! And where did you get the adorable table lamp? My bedroom is gray & white with pops of turquoise and yellow so the lamp would be a great addition!

Posted 6.30.12 Reply