deep thoughts on a tuesday

as i was sitting out on my porch the other night, i was suddenly struck by the beauty and mystery of the moon. i’ve seen it thousands of times and in various forms, but i don’t know if i’ve ever taken the time to just sit and look at it. or to really think about how it got there and how it’s there at the end of every day, shining a soft glow on the quietness of the night. it comforted me more than i thought could be possible. it reminded me that we all are here to serve a purpose. you may be thinking, “how on earth does the moon make her feel like that?!” just think about it. if the moon serves a purpose, don’t we? don’t we all have a reason for being on earth, exactly where we are? it may be for something simple, or maybe for something that will change the world. either way, all of our lives have meaning and reason.
i have no idea where i will be a year from now. i don’t know where i’ll be living, what i’ll be doing, who i’ll be doing it with. nothing. but, what i do know is that it’s okay to not know. it’s okay to rest in the truth that my life has purpose, even if i don’t know it fully yet.

Thank you for these words! I got some bad news this morning and was feeling sorry for myself! You have reminded me to remember that God has a plan and a reason for everything!
    Enjoy your day!
    – Melissa

2. Casie wrote:

Beautiful

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  3. This is such a beautiful post!! I think we do need to take time to just really soak in what the Lord has given us every single day ~

4. Lauren–this is just what I needed to read today! Thanks 🙂

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  5. Great post! Thanks for being a reminder of what this/we're all about about!

6. AMEN, sister!

7. Allison wrote:

I needed that this morning. Thanks!!

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  8. Love this post. I always feel like I take the simple things for granted and overlook their beauty. For instance–dreading climbing out of bed each morning..when in reality I should be glad I have a job to go to and that I can physically climb out of bed.
    I agree that it can be scary to not know where you will be in a year, but it's also fun to experience the journey of finding out and getting "there".

Posted 6.5.12 Reply

Very encouraging post,Lauren!! 🙂 Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.5.12 Reply

Love the last "it's okay to rest in the truth that my life has purpose, even if I don't know it fully yet." So true girl, it can be stressful when we try and figure out our purpose instead of letting God just do his thing =)

11. Amanda wrote:

Love it! very true and so inspirational!! <3

12. Amy wrote:

Beautiful!

13. Amy wrote:

Love this. My hubby & I are having a rough time with his job situation lately and reminders like this are what keep me going when I'm stressed about things beyond my control… Things may not go the way we want them to or expect them to but, someday, we'll have a better understanding of WHY and know it wasn't without reason or purpose =) Have a Happy Tuesday!

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  14. Love this and so true!

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  15. Love this post… it's so nice to be reminded of these things sometimes. Yes we all serve a purpose in life! 🙂 Your picture is so pretty.

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  16. What a beautiful post, Lauren! A good reminder for everyone that no matter where we are in life or in the world, we matter. I like this post a lot!

17. Sarah wrote:

I love this. Even if you don't know where you'll be in a year, or who you'll be with, you know the same moon will be there with you 🙂

18. Love and so so true.

Amber

Posted 6.5.12 Reply
  19. such an encouraging post. i love this.

20. Crystal wrote:

Beautiful post! I like your analogy of "if the moon serves a purpose then don't we" a great way to look at things, as simple or profound, as the moon!

21. t.c. wrote:

Pretty choice of words.
    I appreciate this post.

Posted 6.5.12 Reply

This post is so sweet! I love the simplicity and truth to it all! Thanks for posting this and reminding us all that our life has a purpose just like the moon.

Posted 6.5.12 Reply

There is a Max Lucado book that describes us as the moon. The moon's purpose is the reflect the sun…just as our purpose is to reflect the SON.

Posted 6.6.12 Reply
  24. Kayla wrote:

This was such an encouragement to read! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6.6.12 Reply
  25. Victoria wrote:

I am just getting ariund to reading this….Simple truths, but so deep and so easily forgotten. Thanks for sharing! God is good to put us here, to give us purpose, and to give us a bit of mystery too.

Posted 6.10.12 Reply