seven

these are my seven go-to essie colors. i obviously have a thing for pinks and purples. i got a manicure the other day and my nails started chipping the next. talk about a bummer. good thing i have my own arsenal of polish to just DIY it.

what’s your favorite nail color? are you into the bright colors or do you lean more towards the classic neutrals?

1. Jess wrote:

I love OPI's "Sweet Heart." It's the perfect barely there pink. I do love having bright/obnoxious nails as well though, right now mine are mint matte!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  2. I love Essie's California Coral and Shop Till I Drop…a bright and a neutral!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply

Nice is Nice and Big Spender… as well a cute as a button are my go to!
    Bummer about your chipping nails so soon… reasons why a DIY arsenal is so necessary

Happy monday!

4. Kate wrote:

LOVE this!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  5. I love the Haute as Hello and French Affair. I usually go for brights, buys recently I've been all about neutrals. I love the barefoot and topless color by Essie but I haven't found it in stores yet. Happy Monday!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  6. I tend to learn towards the classics but I feel a certain kind of fierceness when I rock something as bold as Haute as Hello!

Great color choices!!

7. Mickime wrote:

Love your colours, I usually go for all sorts of pinkishs, but I like the "set in stones" too!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply

LOVE Essie! Nice choices! I love Haute as Hello, French Affair, and Big Spender too. 'Cute as a Button' is my all time favorite 🙂

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  9. It definitely depends on my mood. Right now, I'm into loud/bright colors and shellac. I've recently gotten addicted. I love it because it does NOT chip & my favorite colors last longer. I'm rockin' a neon orange with glitter now, but generally I tend to pick coral/red/orange colors. Similar to Kate's new favorite color, Cajun Shrimp (which I love!) – she is also how I found your fabulous blog.

Happy Monday,
    Brianne

aHeapeofLove.com

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  10. LOVE Essie! My favorite is "Not just a pretty face". It's been hard to find these days 🙁

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  11. Love the post today…fun! Essie Peach Daiquiri and Raspberry are my faves. I like to paint all nails raspberry and my ring finger nail in peach daiquiri for a little pop of color.

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  12. ahhh big spender is one of my favorites, too!!!

still being [molly]

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  13. I change colors with the seasons but I really want some of the Master Plan and Haute as Hello. Total opposites, I know 🙂

14. Amanda wrote:

Love all these colors. I have a list of Essie colors that I want to buy so each time I am at Ulta I buy a new one 😉

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  15. Big Spender and Haute As Hello are definitely my kind of colors. I also found the most perfect deep red for my skin tone from Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri polishes last summer.

• Victoria wrote:

Okay, share the name…..It's deep red, I need to know more! 🙂

Posted 6.25.12 Reply

I love OPI Bubble Bath as a all around go-to color. I also love Cajun Shrimp in the spring/summer for a pop of color and my favorite for fall/winter is Lincoln Park After Dark.

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  18. OPI's Cajun Shrimp is my ultimate favorite, but I just got a manicure in Essie's Meet Me at Sunset, which is a very orangish red. I love it, and I think it is perfect for the summer! Seche Vite fast dry top coat is a MUST for making polish last longer and not chip….it is a true investment and one of my beauty essentials!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  19. Pink is always my go to color, but I do love a spicy cajun shrimp if I'm wanting something a little more dramatic. Love your nail polish stash!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply

"e-nuf is e-nuf" by Essie is the perfect mix of pink and coral (for me). Thanks for the inspiration, I need to try big spender.

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  21. I've yet to buy any Essie polishes…mostly because I'm too indecisive and since Essie is more expensive than some others, it seems like a big decision. I'm crazy, right? 🙂

I love love love the Haute as Hello color though. Maybe I'll finally bite the bullet and go for it.

22. Cindy wrote:

Essie is my favorite!! My go to colors include: "jamaica me crazy", "sure shot" (they are very similar) and I just bought "a crewed interest" – my latest obsession, the perfect peachy pink! I also have "bahama mama", great color for fall.

23. Niki wrote:

I really like the Nice is Nice shade! Lately I'm loving pastel blues and greens, but my go-tos are always some form of coral. My favorites are Essie Boathouse (an older one) and Clambake!

Posted 6.25.12 Reply

Depends on the season for my "posh mood". Right now I'm into bright punchy colors, fall and winter I like red, grey or a natural looking nail with OPI "Bubble Bath".
    Love your Essie picks, I've been thinking of getting "Haute as Hello" now I think I will. 🙂

Lindsay @
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

25. Unknown wrote:

I've really been loving Essie's Fiji and Pansy! Also love Haute as Hello as well!

Marissa @

26. Allison wrote:

Neutrals right now! Which is quiet a change for me. But my toenails are always some funky color. I have a lot of trouble with Essy- I love their colors but the nail polish always chips a few days in. 🙁

27. Victoria wrote:

I hadn't painted my fingernails any color but clear since Jr. High….Until earlier this year. I had actually thrown out all of my polish except a coupleof deep reds and purples that I use on my toes.

So, now I amfiguring out what I like all over again and building up my collection! I definitely lean towards deep colors for my toes but I am actually branching out and challenging myself to TRY SOMETHUNG NEW!

So far I have picked up a light and sparkly pink color, Big Spender, Merino Cool, and something called Plum Sorbet. I am trying to get brave enough for some blue too. Anyone have a favorite blue polish that would look good with an olive skin tone?

28. Maria wrote:

I am LOVING everything Zoya right now!

29. lexsmama wrote:

I love Big Spender. It's amazing. I found a color by Revlon and Wet n Wild that I fell in love with– a robin's egg color called I Need a Refresh-Mint and a fine teal glitter. It goes on thick and dark. And that foil gold color in my May Birchbox– Love.

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  30. I'm such an OPI girl but I just bought my first Essie nail polish it's called "Chinchilly" it's grey, I love it. Big Spender looks HOT! I love all pink nail polishes and turquoise ones too.

-Sam

31. Ashley wrote:

I love Haute As Hello! And I also love Jamaica Me Crazy.

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  32. e-nuff is e-nuff! Love it!!!

33. Kristi wrote:

Love this! I am obsessed with Essie nail polish! I think my arsenal ranges from neutrals to brights and everything in between. I love being able to experiment with nail polish.

Posted 6.25.12 Reply
  34. love this! I'm into Fiji lately!! love it!!

35. Ilyssa wrote:

Steady as She Rose from OPI. It's a soft greyish, pinkish, puce color. It's gorgeous and it just works with every outfit. It's neutral and colorful at the same time. L.O.V.E.

36. Lizzy wrote:

Essie is my favorite! The colors applies nicely and stays on a lot longer than OPI and other brands. My go-to colors are Big Spender, E-nuf is E-nuf, and material girl! 🙂

37. Tariro wrote:

Those are so gorgeous! Especially that sparkly one!
    xo,

Posted 6.26.12 Reply

Case Study and Glamour Purse by Essie. Both neutrals, so I guess I love neutrals!

Posted 6.26.12 Reply
  39. Emma Miya wrote:

gorgeous colors! i am typically a dark nail color person. but, I am LOVING this summer's bright colors. I have a bright coral on my nails at the moment. 😉

Posted 6.26.12 Reply
  40. I'm a new follower! 🙂

french affair & big spender are in my rotation too!! Almost all of my polishes are some shade of pink, My faves right now are lovie dovie and hi maintenace (both essie)

Posted 6.26.12 Reply

I bought the China Glaze Hunger Games collection and can't wait to rock it this fall but the color Riveting, which is a bright orange with gold shimmer screams summer and is on my toes now. I also love Essie's Turks and Caicos and Tart Deco. Mermaid's Tears from the OPI Pirates collection is also super fun!

Posted 6.26.12 Reply
  42. Kris10E wrote:

Oh dear, I have an Essie problem. My current favorites are Cute as a Button and Mod Square, which is a near-neon pink. Also, Essie's Good to Go fast-dry topcoat is the best topcoat I've ever used. Dries solid in 30 minutes (even in terrible humidity) and doesn't chip.

Posted 6.26.12 Reply

I love Essie polish! It's one of the only polishes that don't chip as easy as the others and it hasn't ever stained my nails. I love both bright pinks such as "watermelon" and reds and I also like neutrals like "sugar daddy". I also got brave and tried "turqoise and caicos".
    Thanks for sharing! And I just love to follow your blog. I would really like to start one soon 🙂 Have a good day!

Posted 6.26.12 Reply

Big Spender is one of my favorites. I also love Essie's sand tropez!

Posted 6.27.12 Reply
  45. I love Essie nail polish! I tend to stick with neutrals but for summer I decided to add some color and brighten up my toes…and even my fingers every once in a while. My go to Essie color right now is E Nuf is E Nuf which is a coral pinkish color. I've also discovered Butter brand nail polish which is really nice too. It tend not to chip as easily. Love your blog! Have a good day!

Posted 6.27.12 Reply