yep, this is happening

i have a totally kind of, somewhat embarrassing confession to make (besides the fact that i initially spelled the word embarrassing wrong). i’m absolutely, no question about it, sucked-in to one tree hill. yes, i know that i’m about 10 years too late to get on this band wagon but i was in middle school when it became popular and i was more interested in watching the food network than some stupid, dramatic show about 17 year olds getting married and best friend’s dating each others’ boyfriends. but now, oh now, i’m totally interested in all that drama. i mean, laughter, tears, anger, sadness, joy, everything. i’ve experienced it all. and i’m almost finished with the last season that’s currently available on instant netflix and i might shed an actual, real life tear.
moral of the story: i have a problem. but i don’t think i’m the only one that gets sucked in to these kinds of shows…ah-hem, yes, i’m talking to you!
side note: i think my favorite character is clay. or brooke. maybe both.

1. Laura wrote:

Is the whole series on Netflix? I never watched the show when it aired either. I might have to check it out. Love Netflix streaming!!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
    • it's on instant netflix through season 8 and then 9 & 10 are on DVD! you should give it a shot 🙂

Posted 6.12.12 Reply

I understand! My T.V. addiction right now is Alias. I never watched it when it aired but my step-daughter owns the entire show and while I visited her in FL we watched it every chance we got. Now I'm in France, dying to see the next episode!! I left FL for France in the middle of the second season and it's killing me. I love discovering shows after the fact…then you can watch them all at once…no suspenseful season finale!!

3. Tesla N. wrote:

I love OTH… and Netflix has seasons one through eight, season nine {which just ended} isn't on there yet 🙁 and it's the last season… and Lauren, honestly i think we all need a little Drama in our lives, and OTH is a great way to get 🙂

4. Katie wrote:

don't worry – i'm addicted to 90210, and I'm pretty sure those are on the same level. I can't stop watching it and am almost done with all the seasons on netflix and am pretty sad it will be over. maybe I'll most on to one tree hill next!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply

I love that outfit! So cute.

Posted 6.11.12 Reply

Absolutely addicted! My husband thinks I'm crazy but I had to watch it every week! Brooke is definitely my favorite! Enjoy!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply

Oh man! One Tree Hill was the best. Totally my guilty pleasure. I cried real tears when I watched the series finale a few months ago! I really love Hayley! And I'll always have a soft spot for Brooke. I can't wait until you watch the last season. So much drama!!!

PS: Super cute outift! I love the tank over the dress (that is a maxi dress right?!). You've got great style Lauren!!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  8. You are NOT the only one. I got addicted to it last month and watched it all back to back while working on reports for work. I am so glad that I was not the only one! Whew!

9. Amanda wrote:

LOVE OTH!!

10. Angie wrote:

love.love.love OTH- you are not alone!

11. Angie wrote:

Super cute idea with your dress!! 🙂 I like it!! OTH— I keeeeep hearing about it… I think I'm going to give it a shot if it's on Netflix!

12. bonnieshee wrote:

I'm the same way. I ignored Gossip Girl for years, and now I eat up the drama, drama, drama on Monday nights (it's on Netflix too if you haven't checked it out). When we finish catching up with New Girl, I'll definitely have to check out OTH!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
    • i was totally obsessed with gossip girl but watched all the available seasons on netflix and was too late to watch the one that was current, so i'm waiting for that one to get on netflix too. i started watching OTH right after!

Posted 6.12.12 Reply
  13. SillyWife wrote:

I feel your joy. sadness. pain. anger. sorry. happiness. I too have the same obsession. I started back at season 1 the day after the series finale. Best. Show. Ever. (P.S. My husband– is obsessed too but don't tell anyone.)

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  14. That show is filmed in my hometown, Wilmington!

15. Alysia wrote:

Ah the good ole WB shows were awesome! One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek, Felicity….I too, am way too old to watch {or own the dvd box sets}, but I can't help but get emotionally invested in their lives! Friday Night Lights is another one of my faves!

Love the outfit!

I also love One Tree Hill, I bought seasons 1-4 on DVD to watch them since they don't air anymore but now I've misplaced them =( I would love to watch every episode from Day 1 of the show airing!!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  17. Brooke was always my favourite. *sigh* Good ol' OTH.

(is it sad I own a Ravens Cheerleading jumper? I promise I only wear it when it's cold and raining…promise…)

18. Dacia wrote:

I watched them all right before the last season aired! I could not stop watching. I love that show! Sad it is over. Brooke is my favorite!

19. afrench wrote:

Love love love OTH started following in 2007 I think. Addicted. My husband loves it too 😉 Soo sad when it was over 🙁

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  20. I was just telling my husband that I may be sucked into a stupid show like Pretty Little Liars (hello, wardrobe and hair… and "mystery"!), but I choose THAT over real-life crazies who are becoming famous for nothing, ruining television programming, and getting paid MILLIONS.

I was finishing 8th grade when Dawson's Creek started, and I followed that show until the END! Still love it. It may be cheesy lines with unusually large vocabulary words, but that show is forever connected to that time in my life!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
    • girl! i just started watching PLL and oh. my. gosh. i'm sucking into that one too. good gracious. i definitely agree with you on the fictitious drama over the "reality" TV these days, although i do love a good episode of the Real Housewives, just because it's so ridiculous.

Posted 6.12.12 Reply
  21. Yes! One Tree Hill is totally getting a revival right now! I know TONS of people (including myself 🙂 who have just recently started watching it from the beginning. Thank you Netflix!

22. Erin wrote:

I haven't watched that show in years…but the early episodes are the best!!!!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  23. Understandable – I just discovered Dawson's Creek on Netflix. Like you, I was too young to watch it when it was popular, but I'm loving it right now! 🙂

24. M.E. Hall wrote:

Cute outfit! Thats okay about getting sucked into One Tree Hill…I just got sucked into Frideay Night Lights…Thanks netflix!

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
    • ahhh i LOVE friday night lights. definitely one of the best shows that was on TV. so sad that it's over.

Posted 6.12.12 Reply

Ok, this is great. I love how you layered a tank over this maxi dress.
    you.are.a.genius.

Lindsay @

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  26. Love One Tree Hill!! I love Haley and Nathan <3 Chase and Chris Keller are pretty hilarious in the last season too 🙂

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  27. I don't know much about One Tree Hill, but super cute outfit! It's very boho chic!!

28. Sarah wrote:

I LOVED One Tree Hill for the first few seasons. Such a guilty pleasure. Also loved The OC… Good for Netflix on a rainy day like today!

29. Carisa wrote:

in love with this show! I own the first 4 seasons but when it came on netflix i started all over! it is a really great drama, and i love brooke!

Next you need to watch Dawsons…I heard its on netflix now! OTH only 10 years older…major 90's style 🙂

Posted 6.11.12 Reply

I LOVE LOVE LOVE One Tree Hill. I was kinda like you and jumped on the bandwagon late. I started watching it with my college roommate my freshman year (2007), but I caught up quickly enough that I was able to watch a lot of the good story lines in real time. Now I own seasons 1-7 and have gotten my sister and my boyfriend hooked. Haley is my favorite character mostly because we share a name.

31. Mae wrote:

I am IN LOVE with this outfit. It is seriously my version of wardrobe heaven!

32. Jes wrote:

I already really liked your blog, but this confession just turned like into love! I too am an OTH addict. I've been watching since it started, and I love watching the reruns. I'm heartbroken now that it's over, even if it was time to say goodbye!

Brook Davis FTW!

33. Jamie wrote:

I love OTH!! I watched it from day 1 until the end! I was so sad to see it end but it is a great show!!

You will love it 🙂

Posted 6.11.12 Reply
  34. I never watched OTH but I was all about Dawson's Creek a million years after people actually watched it

35. Ashley wrote:

I may or may not have had the same problem with The O.C. 🙂

Posted 6.12.12 Reply
  36. Love the outfit…can't say the same about One Tree Hill. I never really got on the bandwagon!

Posted 6.12.12 Reply
  37. Renae wrote:

When you mentioned that reality shows are not good, or not interesting anymore, I tend to agree. What has happened to them? I have been a Biggest Loser fan for many many seasons, but the last two were so frustrating. I haven't watched much TV since I've been blogging — no time. -)

Posted 6.12.12 Reply

LOVE OTH!! I own the first 4 seasons, have watched all but the last two, because who has time to actually watch tv every week? I know I don't. I'm patiently waiting for them to put them on Netflix – or I might have to break down and buy them (but I think I'd rather just wait.) Another one I'm addicted to is Vampire Diaries. TOTALLY out of my normal realm, but awesome! Also on Netflix.

P.S. – LOVE the dress too! <3

Posted 6.12.12 Reply
  39. Lisa wrote:

Love OTH! And I'm a good 10 years older than you. Watched it from day one until the end, and catch reruns whenever I can. That show had more psycho/stalkers/crazies than any other, and I loved it!

Posted 6.12.12 Reply
  40. If you haven't watched My So-Called Life, it's also on Netflix and totally addictive. Jared Leto and Claire Danes, what more do you need? I haven't seen OTH, I'll have to get on it!

Posted 6.13.12 Reply
  41. Jessica wrote:

I lovelovelove this show. I watched every episode, and cried at the series finale.

Posted 6.14.12 Reply
  42. I'm your newest follower! (found you thru your sis!) I was [and pretty much still am] OBSESSED with One Tree Hill. I didn't get into until I had a summer off from college and I babysat everyday (it came on Soap Network!) I got hooked immediately and went and bought the first couple of seasons on DVD. I've loved it ever since!

XoXo – Amy @ All Things Girl

P.S. LOVE your blog! I look forward to reading more!!

Posted 6.14.12 Reply
  43. Heidi wrote:

omgggg OTH will change your LIFE!!!!!!!!

Posted 6.14.12 Reply
  44. ok first off. i just found your blog and i'm in love!!! i kindof feel like we are kindred spirits 🙂 i got in to oth later as well and watched it faithfully till the end and shed a few tears on the last episode. jcrew and anthro are my two fav shops (if money didn't matter)! so i am just loving reading along!!!! thanks for posting…keep on blogging!

Posted 6.21.12 Reply
  45. i'm so ridiculously OBSESSED with one tree hill. my hubby and i went to wilmington last year for our anniversary and spent an entire day driving back and forth to all the filming sites (OVER 50. IN ONE DAY.) ha don't tell him i told you! we pretended we just liked the area for those who asked 😉

Posted 10.2.12 Reply