DIY kitchen art

i love a good DIY project. i’ve been inspired by similar projects that i’ve seen on pinterest, so i thought i’d make a little art for my kitchen (directions below). happy DIY-ing!

1. Very cute!! It turned out great!

2. This looks GREAT! Pinned for future reference for my kitchen 🙂

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  3. wow! it looks so stylish! when i have a new kitchen, i'll try to do something like that!

4. Love it!!

– Sam

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  5. I would love to actually do the things I find interesting on Pinterest. I'm glad you went and did one!!

E x

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  6. This is so cute! I have a nice blank wall in my kitchen that I've been meaning to decorate. Thanks for the inspiration!

Posted 7.25.12 Reply

LOVE this idea! What a cute little pop of color!

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  8. LOVE this! That gave me an idea to do something similar, but with things for my office.

Thank you!

Such a fun idea- love me some DIY 🙂

Lindsay @
    LindsayJEvery.blogspot.com

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  10. OH MY GOODNESS! I LOVE THIS!!!!!! How cute would it be with a fork, knife and spoon!?!?!?!! Great work girl!

Sooo cute! I love it 🙂

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  12. what a cute idea! I would probably do this with bright rainbow colored paints too! xo

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  13. I love how simply, yet funky this is!! I might just have to try this…

Rachel

14. Charlotte wrote:

Love this tutorial! I am getting ready to move, this will have to be a little project for my new kitchen!

Charlotte

Posted 7.25.12 Reply
  15. this is SUCH a cool idea, lauren! i love it!

16. Niki wrote:

This is so fun! The kitchen is always such a hard place for me to choose art for – some pieces just don't go, some are too been-there-done-that – this is so unique! I love the different colors in the embroidery floss too.

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  17. That's so cute! The painted spoons are lovely, and such a creative idea to use embroidery thread to attach them to the canvas.

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  18. Amber wrote:

Fantastic-gives me lots of great ideas for also incorporating color into my kitchen! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  19. Danielle wrote:

This is a fabulous DIY Lauren and it looks so simple too!

Posted 7.26.12 Reply

Just found your blog through Val! Oh my word, I LOVE this!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  21. Looks great! I may need to do that in my kitchen, thanks for sharing!

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  22. SO CUTE!
    Thank you for sharing!

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  23. Deb wrote:

LOVE!!!

Posted 7.26.12 Reply
  24. This looks fabulous, Lauren! It's a simple project that makes a big difference!

Posted 7.27.12 Reply

I'm absolutely doing this when we makeover our kitchen in the fall. It's simple but quite a statement!

Posted 7.27.12 Reply
  26. Laine wrote:

What color is your wall paint? I'm looking for the same kind of color and having bad luck!

Posted 7.27.12 Reply
    • Lauren wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the name of it. I live in a rental so it was painted before I moved in!

Posted 7.27.12 Reply
  27. Just made this as an anniversary gift for my sister and her husband! Thanks for such a cute DIY idea! I also am planning on doing the big canvas with the dots! (for myself!)

Posted 8.6.12 Reply