closet makeover

there’s something about fall weather that makes me want to clean. i mean, seriously. i had a random impulse sunday evening to empty out my closet and re-organize. well, that, and i had to make room for fall clothes. because, let’s be honest, who doesn’t love to shop for fall clothes?
anyway, my closet was in pretty rough shape. not the worst, but it definitely needed some work. so, hanger by hanger, i emptied my clothes and picked through what i no longer wear (which is actually going to be on “sale” on the blog here in a couple days!). once my room looked like an absolute disaster, i figured it was time to fill my closet once again. i even put my tops in color order…which probably won’t last very long.

the great new is that it still looks pretty good after just 3 days. i can’t promise how it will look after 3 weeks, though.

1. Sarah wrote:

I put my clothes in color order a few years ago and I've never looked back. I love it! It's so much easier to find things!!

Posted 9.26.12 Reply
  2. My closet is color coordinated too. It's actually been easier to keep organized and easier to find what I'm looking for. I did it a couple of years ago & it was definitely one of the best decisions I've made. Looks great though!

Posted 9.26.12 Reply
  3. Love that orange shirt with the blue dots hanging up…have you worn that lately ๐Ÿ˜‰

4. Emily wrote:

Color organization is such a must! I don't know what I did without it. Now, as I'm getting ready, I just envision the outfit I want and *BAM* there it is. Love your little corkboard in the closet!

xoxo
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

5. Victoria wrote:

I have had the urge to do the same thinh….Except mine involves paint, lighting, and a total restructuring of how my empty closet is put together. THEN, evrything can go back.

6. Bev wrote:

Great after pictures… although I must say your before pics weren't as bad as I've seen!!

Can't wait for your sale post!!

xo, Bev

7. Jennifer wrote:

You. mean. I. could. actually. have. Lauren's. clothes???
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted 9.26.12 Reply

hI!! HOW COOL!! i seriously need a closet make over! my sister is moving out and i will flip that room into a spareroom/closet/working desk.
    iยดm from argentina and ill be in the states in a week, so ill love to see what u have for sale!
    Noemi

Posted 9.26.12 Reply

My whole closet is color coded and then organized by item. All tanks together, all long sleeves together, all jeans together, etc. It really makes it so much easier to find things ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Jes wrote:

I feel the same way about fall and wanting to clean and organize. I plan on getting to my closet this weekend.

11. Angie wrote:

Cleaning my closet is one of my fave things to do. I'm being serious here! Weird I know!

12. Maggie wrote:

Your closet looks good! Can you show us how you organize your shoes?

Posted 9.26.12 Reply
  13. Looks great! I should really do the same!

14. Kristina wrote:

Oh jealous of the size of your closet! I started organizing by color when I had a walk-in closet in my college apartment (somehow I've downgraded since then) and have been doing it ever since. I'm not a super organized person, but somehow that's stuck.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

15. Rachel wrote:

I need to makeover my closet and this was such great inspiration. Perhaps I'll try it out this weekend!

Life Unsweetened

Posted 9.26.12 Reply
  16. Do you stuff your bags when you are storing them?

Posted 9.27.12 Reply
  17. Ok. You've inspired me. This weekend: Operation clean my closet/room. ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted 9.27.12 Reply
  18. Heather wrote:

Can you come do mine next? I so need this!

XO