mental health day

i’m taking the day off today. for one, i was hoping to share my make-up tutorial with you guys but i’m having some technical difficulties with my video (the best) so i couldn’t share it with you today.

for another, i was traumatized last night. see below.

i’m telling you, this thing was massive. so absolutely gross. and i had a totally irrational reaction to it, which you can watch/listen to below.

i really had no idea that i was capable of being so dramatic. lucky for me, my roommate was home to search for it after it ran into the closet and eventually kill it. which is funny because she’s 100% terrified of spiders and refuses to kill even the tiniest one, but she’s fine with cockroaches. i guess that makes us a good team.

needless to say, i’ll be spending my day recovering and probably imagining that there are more cockroaches in my apartment coming back for revenge.

1. Ashley B. wrote:

Oh no! I would probably freak out too…then wouldn't be able to sleep over it. Praying you have a blessed day!

2. Erin wrote:

Oh gosh I get roaches in my apartment too and it's the worst thing ever!!! Enjoy your mental health day- I'm jealous!

Posted 9.17.12 Reply

Where there is one, there are more. Call the landlord so you don't have a repeat.

4. Haunani wrote:

ew! I HATE bugs! We have crickets in Dallas that are very bold. This weekend, while we were at a high school football game, one of them saw the light from my phone and jumped into my hand!!! My screaming caused a little bit of a scene. I can still feel his creepy little footprints on my hand. EW EW EW!!

5. Mallory wrote:

I am the exact same way about roaches! I've had 2 live roaches in my place since living there this past year and it makes me lose sleep at night. I think I have every roach spray known to man and I clean as much as possible to prevent those suckers from getting in. They are SO gross! I share your pain. Hope you never find one again. Have a wonderful mental day! xo

6. carrieg wrote:

if its huge, thats a good sign!! its when you see babies that you really have to worry!! get the little black motel type things and hide them under the sinks in the bathroom, kitchen, and behind the fridge. YUCK!!!!

7. HLane wrote:

I have a lot of those huge things. I routinely get my house services by my pest defense people and that helps. However, my garage always has them and they every once and a while sneak in.
    I once threw up when killing a very small roach, so the big ones almost make me cry.

I am taking a new approach…pull out your vacuum and suck those things up. Less gross, but still traumatizing (unless you have a bag-less vacuum). 🙂

Posted 9.17.12 Reply
  8. Oh gosh I totally feel your pain.. we lived in an apartment for 3 years that had occasional roaches.. I would FREAK out every time. I'm pretty sure I have PTSD because of it, ha! Buy those traps and have your landlord send an exterminator ASAP! I hope you don't have any more visitors anytime soon!!

9. Patrice wrote:

sounds like a water bug, they look like roaches, only bigger. I live in NYC and they seem to surface in the fall. I used to cry all day, they frightening me so much. If you tell your landlord, they usually spray along the base boards, but this can be dangerous for cats. If it is a roach, Combat usually takes care of them and safe around pets. I think they make Combat for Waterbugs too.

10. Tiffany wrote:

I had one the other night in my apartment (the second one I have seen there in 2 years) that literally FLEW in! (I had my patio door open). I was sitting on my couch with my little yorkie and I screamed so loud, and grabbed the yorkie for protection (yeah, pretty sure a 7 lb yorkie is not going to do anything). After gaining some rational thought, I grabbed a spray bottle, sprayed it to get it off the ceiling, then smashed the heck out of it with a flip flop…yeah, I felt pretty boss after that 🙂

Posted 9.17.12 Reply

Bugz dont scar me. U seems good w compuyers we shold hang out sum time and show me how to use. Luvb yer xanga. Call ne sometime. – Annonymus p.s. I go to duk

Posted 9.17.12 Reply
  12. You and your roomie sound like me and my husband – I will freak out if I see a roach!!! I feel you 100%, he will freak out if he sees a spider. So we take care of them for each other… I also freak a bit when we get these odd crickets in our house. I don't hate them but they jump and it freaks me out so I make him get them – and put them outside (we don't kill the crickets)… but I will scream like it wants to kill me! 😉

13. Kate wrote:

Ugh, I HATE both spiders and cockroaches. I studied abroad in Australia – land of the giant bugs and scary snakes – and there were cockroaches EVERYWHERE. I also saw the biggest spider I've ever seen Down Under. Fortunately, out here in CA, cockroaches usually aren't around. Spiders on the other hand LOVE it here. Eew, eeew, eeeww!

14. Filiz wrote:

Ahh! I am petrified of cockroaches! I would buy a ton of bait traps and call the landlord ASAP! You deserve a day off… Hope there are no other sightings.
    x
    Light-andsweet.blogspot.com

Posted 9.17.12 Reply
  15. We have monster roaches at work, and I guess it's a good thing I'm used to them by now. In the beginning I made a fool of myself at least once a day when one used to cross my path or climb out of my desk drawers. Ugh I hate bugs.

16. Ashley wrote:

I am absolutely terrified of roaches! I definitely have a mental breakdown anytime I see one. I'm convinced they chase after me instead of running away, which brings a lot of laughs from my friends. My roommate and I have the same type of agreement. I kill spiders (because she's scared of those) and she kills roaches. That's what roommates are for! 🙂

Posted 9.17.12 Reply

Oh my gosh, the SAME thing happened to me in my old apartment and I freaked out! I didn't have anyone to help me so after many tears and an anxiety attack, I someohow managed to get it. But, after a sleepless night with ALL the lights on, I called in sick to work the next day and cried off and all that day!!!

18. Amy wrote:

HAHAHAH!
    The only reason i'm laughing is because that is EXACTLY how myself & my roommate are. She HATES spiders and refuses to kill them, i LOATH roaches and run like a screaming child. 🙂

19. Sarah wrote:

MY husband and I have the same agreement.. Spider… ill kill it… Cockroach… I run screaming in to the other room, he laughs and maybe get around to killinging while I hide in a corner until it is dead and gone.

Posted 9.18.12 Reply
  20. Cheryl Francis wrote:

Too bad we can't watc the video 🙁

Posted 9.18.12 Reply
  21. I hate, hate, hate it when bugs crawl into the closet… until I can see myself that it's dead, I imagine it crawling all over my clothes. Every itch feels like a bug! So nasty! (But… glad yours is dead!)

Posted 9.19.12 Reply
  22. Leslie S. wrote:

Ick! I feel your pain! We don't have roaches here in the Pacific NW, but we did have a rodent problem last year in my condo. Never actually saw one (just their, ahem, excrements) but just the thought creeped me out for many months. I even spent one night in my neighbor's house because I thought I kept hearing them. I'd get a professional in there ASAP, because if there's one, there's probably many more :-/

Posted 9.19.12 Reply