one skirt, two ways

day-night

day (top to bottom): necklace, bracelet, bag, shoes
night (top to bottom): necklace, watch, clutch, shoes
middle: top, skirt

i’m a huge advocate of the maxi skirt. they’re comfortable, stylish, and versatile.  and i like them even better when they’re striped. because, well, i kinda have a thing for stripes. just changing the accessories you use can easily transition a maxi skirt from day to night. and that is why i love them.

1. I love everything about this outfit! PS – I just noticed you had 1,999 followers! LOL Just 1 more! LOL Hope you had a great weekend! xoxo

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
  2. Tara wrote:

That's cool to see 1999 followers!! Love the skirt and the necklace!! 🙂

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
  3. Mia Maree wrote:

I agree! Maxi skirts are fabulous. I love how you transitioned this piece!

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
  4. Kate wrote:

love this!

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
  5. Chelsea wrote:

I love this! Seriously, would have not thought to put these items together. THIS is why I read your blog. 🙂

Posted 9.3.12 Reply

I love this! I have a striped maxi just like this and love the different ways to wear them. I have been trying to find a way to wear it to work (it is so comfy!) I am a teacher, so I can be little more relaxed, but it is jersey… Any suggestions? Should I just let the dream go? 😉

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
    • Lauren wrote:

try it with either a collared sleeveless top that you can tuck in and belt (and throw a cardigan over) or a v-neck/nice tee that you can add some pretty jewelry to dress it up a bit!

Posted 9.4.12 Reply
  7. Abi wrote:

LOVE it! And I love anything maxi–it's a little hard because I'm more on the short side, but day/night–love it!

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
  8. What a great look!

Posted 9.3.12 Reply

Today's my birthday:)

Posted 9.3.12 Reply
  10. I really like how just a few accessories can completely change an outfit! I love maxi skirts too!

Posted 9.4.12 Reply
  11. Jennifer wrote:

I LOVEEE maxis too (both skirts and dresses)! I have a question though… I've always been stumped about how to wear heels with maxis. Usually my maxis are short enough that I can wear flats with them and they'll skim the floor. So, if I put heels/wedges with them, they look too short to me. Is this acceptable with a maxi (cuz I know it wouldn't be, for example, with wider leg dress pants). Help! 🙂

Posted 9.4.12 Reply
    • Lauren wrote:

i've seen a lot of style bloggers do the maxi with heels/wedges even though it shortens the skirt so it's definitely possible! you want the skirt to fall right at or slightly below your ankle bone, though, so it doesn't just look like you bought the skirt too small 🙂

Posted 9.4.12 Reply
  12. lkmear wrote:

Great outfits – love the day to night looks. I especially love the jewelry!

Posted 9.4.12 Reply

I absolutely LOVE the bracelet! By the way, I know you can get 1 more follower! Great JOB!

Posted 9.4.12 Reply
  14. Both great outfit options!

Posted 9.4.12 Reply
  15. Rebecca wrote:

I'll be #2000…I'm not a subscriber b/c I use Bloglovin. 🙂
    Any suggestions for where to buy long maxi skirts right now? I can't seem to find them.

Posted 9.8.12 Reply
  16. Rebecca wrote:

I'll be #2000…I'm not a subscriber b/c I use Bloglovin. 🙂

Posted 9.8.12 Reply
  17. Rebecca wrote:

I'll be #2000…I'm not a subscriber b/c I use Bloglovin. 🙂

Posted 9.8.12 Reply
  18. Rebecca wrote:

I'll be #2000…I'm not a subscriber b/c I use Bloglovin. 🙂

Posted 9.8.12 Reply
  19. meghan wrote:

Great transition! I think you hit the nail on the head. I pictured myself wearing the day during the day and the night at night, and I think they'd fit perfectly! I love that maxi skirt. I ordered a chevron black and white striped one from a facebook deal and have been waiting on it now for a bit.

Posted 9.9.12 Reply