dots on dots

pants: gap / sweater: old navy (currently sold out) / shirt: old navy (similar) / flats: urban outfitters

i’ve told you guys before that i love polka dots, right? well, if you didn’t know, now you do. i feel like you can never really go wrong with them. and now that fall is here, i can finally wear this sweater and not look like a fool.

speaking of fall, i don’t ever want it to leave. there’s something about this season that just makes me happy. it probably has something to do with the fact that i get to wear my favorite clothes in my wardrobe (namely: sweaters) and it’s not quite time to bundle up and freeze your booty off. although, let’s be honest, winters in north carolina aren’t nearly as unbearable as they are in chicago. that is one thing i will definitely miss about this place if i move farther north at some point.

which brings me to another point, i need to figure my life out! i applied for graduation the other day (which is still kind of throwing me off because i can’t quite picture life after graduation). i’ve been in school for the last 17 years-ish. whaaaaaat? that’s crazy. i’m excited for what the month of may will bring but also starting to get a teensy bit unsettled because i literally have no idea what to expect. oh well, i guess that’s part of what keeps life interesting, right?

1. Sam wrote:

That is definitely what makes life interesting! Right there with you about the Fall season, but in my case it's because I get to wear BOOTS!

2. meghan wrote:

This is a great look! I love the dots over the little dots. I wish that Old Navy sweater wasn't sold out.

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  3. Love it! I tried on the underneath shirt at old navy, but they were out of my size. So sad!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  4. Ugh- I'm right there with you on the graduation situation, except I graduate in December! (So weird to say.) I'm so nervous and excited about the future! 🙂

Posted 10.11.12 Reply

I love the bow ring! Brings everything together. Love the outfit!

Love this! Polka dots are so fun 🙂

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  7. I love that sweater and the way you doubled up on the polka dots! My sister has that exact sweater and I couldn't believe it was from Old Navy when I asked her about it-they've really got cute stuff this season!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  8. you look adorable! and i am the same way – i am LOVING fall right now. i was just saying the other day that i felt so HAPPY because it's like that time where i have the windows open, candles burning, it's a little cold out so i'm eating tomato soup. good times.

9. Court wrote:

I need this sweater!! Love love love! So glad it's boot season!

10. Leslie wrote:

I know how you feel about graduation! I'm set to graduate this December (!!!!) and it's kinda scary! I can barely imagine life without school lol. Anyway, LOVE your blog!! 🙂

11. mls312 wrote:

I LOVE THIS OUTFIT! You are adorbs.

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  12. Love this. I tried my own version this morning, and my torso was too long for my sweater. Shoot.

13. Sarah wrote:

Your hair looks so good!! I'm a bit jelly.

14. Erin wrote:

Love the polka dots! Don't stress over life after graduation, you'll do great! I graduated in May 2010 and I'm working in a field completely unrelated to my degree and am in graduate school for something completely different. It's totally ok to not have life figured out at 21 or 22. It's even more exciting to change your mind a few times along the way!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  15. This is a super cute outfit… I love polka dots too! I just bought a Kate Spade polka dot iPhone case! 🙂 I'm set to graduate December 8 (oh my!!!!) so my stress level is through the roof with full-time work and 20 credits on my last quarter at school. Good luck to you, this is such an exciting time, although stressful!!!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  16. I love the polka dot sweater! It's perfect! And the pants are perfect for it 🙂

17. Deb wrote:

Love this outfit!

18. Kristina wrote:

I am definitely pro polka dots. As well as dots on dots. Super cute paired with those jeans!

Don't stress too much about your post-graduation life just yet. From your blog you seem super motivated and industrious, you shouldn't have any problems 😉

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Posted 10.11.12 Reply

I love those flats! and they are on sale right now! Are they comfy? and they only have whole sizes online, are they pretty true to size?

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  20. gorgeous! Loving the new hair!!!

xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  21. Love this look! I remember feeling that way when I was graduating. I was really nervous, but it will get better. 🙂

22. Ashlee wrote:

Is that sweater really see through, it doesn't look it in your picture but mine is! Love the polka dots shirt I might have to try it, I'm just afraid you'll be able to see the entire print.

Good luck with figuring out life, it's no easy task! 🙂

23. Loving all the dots!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  24. HA! I'm wearing the same sweater today, but mine is the green with navy dots. AND I'm wearing my flannel button up from F21 under it. Gotta love polka dots. Great for mixing patterns!!

Andrea

Posted 10.11.12 Reply
  25. Love the dot on dot! That sweater is still on sale in 'some' stores, I found it a little late. They just don't have it online. 😉 Love that sweater!!!

26. Mary wrote:

Love the outfit and I can totally relate with graduation stuff. On one hand I'm extremely excited to be finished with school and on the other terrified to enter the real world! Such a weird limbo!

Posted 10.11.12 Reply

Lauren, you are so talented in many areas! Have you considered pursuing interior design. You have such a unique and ORGANIZED style. I want you to come and redecorate my place! hahahaha

28. Toni Marie wrote:

Love it! Great color combo!

Posted 10.12.12 Reply
  29. Love this outfit! I am addicted to polka dots!

Alice