over the weekend

i had an unexpectedly busy weekend…but it was the good kind of busy. you know, the kind where you get to sunday night and think “man, how did i do all of that stuff in just 3 days?!” know what i mean?
anyway, friday night we went over to a “fear farm” in the area and basically paid a dinner’s worth to be scared and run around in the rain. i can tell you that i haven’t laughed as hard as i did that night in a long time. one particular moment was a certain dialogue with a certain clown:
clown: who’s the girl in the pink?
me: CARRIE. her name is CARRIE. (i guess i have a tendency for throwing my friend’s under the bus when it comes to scary things)
clown: hiiiii carrrrrrie (in a really creepy voice)
[clown proceeds to follow carrie for a good while and whisper weird things in her ear.]
also, my sister is the funniest person to watch on a haunted hay ride. let’s just say, she screams and jumps a lot.
on saturday, some of us did the Color Me Rad 5k, which was SO much fun. if you have the opportunity to do it, you definitely should. it’s more of a fun run than a competition (which i’m all about – not a competitive bone in my body) and, hey, you get to throw colored dust at all your friends. what more could you ask for?
and on sunday, we carved pumpkins. it took me about 2 seconds flat to decide to carve a cat (i mean, come on.). kate and my roommate sam decided to go with a little duke theme, which i didn’t have a problem with, obviously.

so, it was a good weekend. and i went to bed at 9:30 one night. NINE THIRTY. and it was kind of the best.

1. Ragan wrote:

those pictures from the color run look awesome! I've always wanted to do one. now you have inspired me 🙂

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  2. Amazing Photos! I especially love the one of throwing the color in the air. Looks like fun!
    x

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  3. looks like a lot of fun!

4. Maura wrote:

Sounds like a fun weekend. I am kinda obsessed with what good friends you are with your sister. Seems like the best!

5. Stephanie wrote:

Haha! I love your cat pumpkin!

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  6. Sounds like you had a REALLY fun weekend! My friends and I did some fun Halloween festivities as well!!!

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  7. that sounds like an AWESOME weekend, lauren!! you know, minus the Carolina hating 🙂 🙂 hehehe jk!

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  8. Happy National Cat Day, friend! 😉 My husband carved a cat pumpkin too!

9. LO wrote:

love your blog! how do you get your square photos to be next to each other like that? love it!

10. Kari wrote:

Fabulous weekend!

11. Maria wrote:

It looks like you had an awesome weekend! I have a few friends participating in a color run in a couple of weeks! I'm so jealous I didn't sign up in time to do it with them!

12. Anna wrote:

I want to do one of these runs! It looks like you had a great weekend. Cute pumpkin!

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  13. 9:30 bedtimes on the weekends are kind of the best. especially since my bedtime during the week is usually between 11:00 and 12:30.

and any sort of color run is fun. for sure. i am much more apt to do something for fun than for time.

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  14. The pictures from the run are awesome. Especially the one in action–I love that you can see the clouds of color in the air! Very very cool. It almost makes me think I could run! 🙂

Posted 10.29.12 Reply
  15. cat pumpkin, OBVIOUS CHOICE! I really want to do the color me 5k run one day!

Posted 10.30.12 Reply
  16. The part with the clown CRACKED me up! I have similar stories like that involving friends, haunted houses, and throwing everyone under the bus. Fun weekend, love your blog!

Posted 10.30.12 Reply
  17. sophie wrote:

that part about Carrie is hilarious! happy halloween!

Posted 10.31.12 Reply