the two

if you’ve spent any time around here, you know about my two cats, milo & otis. they’re brothers and besties. like, for real. their intimacy borders on incest, but then i remind myself that they’re cats, so it’s okay. they typically spend the day sleeping, wrestling, and complaining (which always elicits my full and undivided attention, which just elicits more complaining…it’s a vicious cycle).
and then they do things like this:

and that’s when i take endless photos of them. because who can have enough pictures of their cats hugging, right? i can only but assume that one day (hopefully in the far, far future) when they’re in kitty heaven, i will frame every single picture i’ve taken of them and put them on the walls or something. actually, i definitely won’t do that…i have to maintain some sense of normalcy in my life.

eh, maybe.

1. Rachel wrote:

I've always wanted another cat for this reason. They are so cute and I LOVE their names!

Life Unsweetened

2. Cherish wrote:

They are adorable and look so similar to my own!

Question: How do you keep their orange hair off your furniture, clothes, bed, etc? I sometimes feel like this is a battle I am always losing. 🙁

3. Amanda wrote:

I love the cat pictures. I also have an orange cat named Milo. Your Milo looks just like my Milo.:)

Posted 10.31.12 Reply
  4. I have a cat obsession just like you! Your babies are precious. How in the world do you tell them apart?

• Lauren wrote:

they actually look very different once you know them, similar to identical twins!

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  5. it's extremely normal to love your pets and take 8,000 pictures of them. carry on lady – carry on.

6. Amy wrote:

They are so stinking adorable!
    I also take 1,000 pictures of my cat at least weekly, so you're not alone!
    Happy Halloween!

7. Melissa wrote:

I love them! I too have an orange tabby, and looking at these pictures makes me want to get him a friend. Did you get Milo and Otis together or at different times?

• Lauren wrote:

i adopted them together, they're actual brothers!

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  8. I adopted 2 cats from the local humane society, who are also brothers. They do cute things like yours do… but then they fight like siblings do too. And, I think I have more photos of my "fur-kids" than I do of my husband! LoL

9. Ashley wrote:

I love it when my cats cuddle or even groom each other! They are soo stinking cute~~ So know that you are not the only one who finds this amusing and soo sweet 😉

Not a fan of cats.

• Anonymous wrote:

she probably doesn't care…

11. LK wrote:

These pictures are adorable. I really wish my cats would do this. They hate each other. I nearly fainted yesterday when I walked in on them taking a nap together on the same bed less than a foot apart, so maybe they are slowly getting there. I love the name Milo and Otis 🙂 Mine are Conan and Lyza (after Conan O'brien and his wife)

Posted 10.31.12 Reply

I might need another cat, just so she can be hugged. *Heart melted*

LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

13. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dying. Way before I "knew" you and I was just one of your OG blog stalkers back in 2011, I showed your old "Milo & Otis" page to my husband, because they are just too cute! I looked at him and said, "You know how we always see pairs of cats up for adoption that MUST be adopted together, and we're worried that no one will want to adopt two? And we say that the next time we adopt, we're taking a sibling pair? THIS is what we have to look forward to!" Haha.

I love them.

• Lauren wrote:

haha so funny! the reason i adopted both of them was because i just couldn't stand to break them up, they were besties from the start. sibling cats are the best! well, let's be honest, any type of cat is the best.

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  14. Ragan wrote:

my question is, how do you tell them apart?!! they look so much alike!

• Lauren wrote:

they actually look very different once you get to know them…kind of like identical twins!

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  15. I have two brother kitties as well and they love each other SO much!!! I have a picture of them hugging too and it's just the sweetest thing ever. I love how much they love each other.. melts my heart. Your 2 babies are precious! I love all the pics you post of them 🙂

16. Adorable, <3 it.

Posted 10.31.12 Reply
  17. Whenever I use to cat sit my Mom's cat.. who happens to be my cats brother.. they would play, wrestle and spoon each other!! Super adorable :)But they don't do it as much anymore, maybe cause they are the menfolk of their own domain or we don't get them together as much anymore!

Posted 10.31.12 Reply
  18. that is seriously the cutest ever. end of story.

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  19. This makes me so excited… I'm going to pick up my first kitten in about an hour! I can't wait to fill my blog with pictures of her!

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  20. oh aren't they such the cutest!

Posted 11.1.12 Reply
  21. It's cool if you hang pictures of your cats all over the house I mean you would if they were people and with all that personality they might as well be. ha I am also a cat lover my senior pictures in high school were taken with my cat. I might be insane but they will love you forever and that more than some humans are capable of.:)

Posted 11.5.12 Reply