a few of my favorite things

top: zara / leggings: gap / necklace: madewell / boots: target
i realized after i took these photos that i’m wearing all of my favorite things in my wardrobe right now. also, i’ve rediscovered the color black. for years, i would shy away from wearing anything black. i think it was a combination of the fact that it usually shows every little speck of lint (and being a cat owner, you better believe i’m almost always covered in cat hair) and i felt like it was harsh on my skin. i don’t know if it’s the darker hair or just a plain old change of heart, but i find myself reaching for black more often than not when picking out something to wear. odd, i tell you.

note: after reading yesterday’s post, you should not be surprised by where all of these items are from. eh.

1. Amanda wrote:

I love those boots! I am going to have to stop by Target on the way home from work. I have been looking for some more casual boots and I think those would be perfect with leggings or skinny jeans!

2. Niki Caron wrote:

I love Zara! And I keep seeing all these fabulous boots from Target! I think I need to make a trip!

3. Rachel wrote:

I love that top! The sleeves are the perfect touch of leather!

Life Unsweetened

4. Rebecca wrote:

I love that shirt!

Posted 11.29.12 Reply

Look at you sassy pants ( or well sassy shirt)!! Supa cute as always!

6. Natalia G wrote:

Love this outfit! I'd totally wear it. 'Cause it's simple and comfy (looking) but yet really cute and pulled together.
    I wear black or something black almost everyday! It's by far my favorite color to wear. Expect the lint. I have a cat too..
    xx Natalia

Posted 11.29.12 Reply
  7. i love that top!! the leather detailing on the sleeves is adorable!

Posted 11.29.12 Reply
  8. Ohhh Emmmm Geeee – so cute!
    i want to wear this ourfit NOW.
    all I need is that stinkin' cute zara top, soooo on my crave list.

xo – heather

Posted 11.29.12 Reply

That necklace is so cute!

10. Rosie Rice wrote:

You sound like me Lauren! Lol. People ask where I get things (usually Old Navy/Maurice's) and that's my reaction too…that should not surprise them, I am addicted to both stores! Cute outfit too!

Posted 11.29.12 Reply

I love black! It's so slimming! =)

I really need to venture into a Zara, I've never been but have heard so many great things about it recently!

12. LOVE that top!!!!!

Posted 11.29.12 Reply
  13. Love that top and necklace!

-Michelle

14. Kristina wrote:

I love that top! So much, that I literally just went to Zara's website and bought it. Talk about instant gratification!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

15. Melissa wrote:

I love the necklace! There are so many cute cat necklaces out there but not nearly as many dog! Poor dogs!

16. I love the necklace! <3

Posted 11.29.12 Reply
  17. Effortless beauty, I tell ya.

Random Q: Do you ever feel like your rear is totally bare to the world when you wear leggings as pants? I'm so self-conscious, and I've only worn leggings with dresses or tunics. I feel so vulnerable. :/

^^^ Yikes. I sound like a crazy person.

• lauren wrote:

you don't sound like a crazy person! when i wear actual, pocket-less leggings my booty is always covered because that is not a good look for most people. but, these ones are actually jeggings, so they have pockets in the back, which makes it less gross and totally bare 😉 they wear like leggings but look like jeans…which is i guess why they're called jeggings! (look who sounds crazy now)

18. dxeechick wrote:

leather sleeves AND a cat necklace. oh girl, you just made me go online shopping. so cute. http://www.thismomsgonnasnap.com

Posted 11.29.12 Reply
  19. haha love the sneaky camera remote in your hand. cute outfit!

Posted 11.29.12 Reply
  20. I'm also rediscovering black too. Maybe it's the "in" thing now. lol Love the touch of leather!

Posted 11.30.12 Reply
  21. Jonna wrote:

Hi Lauren! Love the outfit! I have been eyeing that top lately but am debating on what size I should get. Does it run true to size? I haven't ordered anything from Zara in awhile. I think I want it loose like a boyfriend tee 🙂
    Jonna
    Everything but Ordinary

Posted 12.7.12 Reply
    • Lauren wrote:

hi! yes, it runs true to size!

Posted 12.7.12 Reply

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great.
    I do not know who you are

but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already 😉 Cheers!
    Have a look at my web site :: click through the following website

Posted 12.13.12 Reply

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was
    great. I do not know who you are

but definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you aren't already 😉 Cheers!
    my web siteclick through the following website

Posted 12.13.12 Reply

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really

something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for

me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang
    of it!
    My websitefotografiame.noticia.es

Posted 12.14.12 Reply

You need to participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web.
    I will

recommend this website!
    Look at my website : visit this web page link

Posted 12.24.12 Reply
  26. By saying this, I'm admitting to my silly TV show loves but I totally just saw someone wearing this top on 90210. My first thought was I have seen that recently on a blog! 🙂 I love her sense of style and yours as well!

Posted 2.5.13 Reply