the crossover

pants: Gap // white top: Lucky Brand  // chambray: J Crew (similar) // booties: Kohl’s

i bought these pants at gap the other day and a little part of me died. i’ve been pretty outspoken about my loathing of jeggings since the day i heard about them.

wait…they’re jeans that are like leggings but they have pockets and a zipper like jeans but they look like leggings? why not just wear jeans? or leggings? and do you really have to call them jeggings?!

i think you get the picture. i specifically remember telling my mom that she wasn’t allowed to wear them…mostly because of the name and partly because i thought they were weird. well, here we are months later and i’m wearing jeggings. that tiny part of me that died just rolled over in it’s grave. i can also pretty much guarantee that i’ll get a reaction of “oh, now jeggings are okay to wear. what about when i wanted to buy them before and you wouldn’t let me? i see how it is” from my mom.

here’s to happily riding on the jeggings train and not looking back. and to hot chocolate, because it just makes everything better.

1. Rachel wrote:

those jeggings looks awesome on you – love how they're thick enough to wear with your shorter top!!

rachel x
    blushandbrunch.blogspot.com

2. Rachel wrote:

I bought a pair of jeggings too (from Target) and I was hesitant at first as well. But they are so comfortable!

Life Unsweetened

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  3. These look so cute on you, and I love them with the booties. You look great in heels!

Kate
    Something Ivory

4. Jules wrote:

Haha how is this for a strange co-incidence, I bought the exact same jeggings in the gap in Edinburgh last night! I too was a bit dubious but I am wearing them today (with a striped boatneck top and cardi and long boots) and I am loving them, they are so so comfortable!

I do have a pair of similar leggings that I got from uniqlo recently in New York that I love (that converted me to jeggings) – http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/list/basic/women/bottoms/easyleggings – the ones I have are the black easy knit legging trousers! They dont have a zip / button so aren't quite as jean like but they are a lot thicker!

Posted 11.6.12 Reply

Yeah the world of jeggins in new to me to, but I will admit that I love my pair…and yours.. they look FAB!

6. anderjes wrote:

I used to be against leggings all together, especially when people would wear them as pants with a short top. I just bought my first pair of leggings last about 2 weekends ago now for a Halloween costume and I loved them!! I actually asked myself why I waited so long to purchase some. Jeggings may be next.

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  7. I went through the exact same thing! I've still only purchased my one pair, but I can't say that I won't buy more in the future! 😉

Jordan
    opal-and-violet.blogspot.com

8. Niamh wrote:

Wow…I'm surprised how many people had this view! And I thought I was the only one. 🙂 But they're fabulous, aren't they??

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  9. I love this look. It's cute but totally comfortable.
    I wouldn't feel too bad about dismissing jeggings. I've seen some terrible jeggings and some great jeggings… and when they first came out… a lot were terrible. 🙂

10. Kristina wrote:

These appear to have pockets. I'll allow it 😉

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

11. Ragan wrote:

JEGGINGS!! they are the best invention. besides actual leggings. i'm glad you are a believer now 🙂

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  12. love the jegging/chambray combo!
    i actually might wear that outfit in the near future as i have all pieces!

thx for the inspiration 🙂
    xo – heather

13. Genna wrote:

I was the same way until I manned up and tried my first pair on. Now I'm hooked!

14. dxeechick wrote:

they are not easy to pull off, but they look great on you! probably pretty comfy too

15. Tiffany wrote:

Haha I said the same thing last year! Be prepared to live in them. They pair perfect with EVERYTHING.

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  16. Don't feel bad… I said the same thing… I purchased a pair from AE last year and tried them on and they were horrible… but I was too lazy to return them… fast forward to this year… maybe my weight shifted… I definitely didn't lose any, but they fit much better, way more flattering and unbelievably comfortable compared to my other skinny jeans w/ less stretch. I'm convinced that I was wrong about them and willing to give them all a whirl. Let us know how you enjoy your Gap ones.

17. Hannah wrote:
    Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  18. hahaha love it!! i have yet to do the jegging thing but you look fab!

Posted 11.6.12 Reply

I will always be a die hard jeggings fan. I mean, they are SO comfortable. It's like jeans+pajamas all in one. What could be better?

xo,

LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  20. I felt the same way, mainly due to the name. It made me gag a little… but once I tried a pair, and realized they helped control my muffin top, I was on board, ha! You are allowed to change your mind, they look great!

Posted 11.6.12 Reply
  21. I am a big fan of jeggings but only have 1 pair – they are just so comfy that I don't want to take them off.

Alice

Posted 11.7.12 Reply
  22. Bev wrote:

the loose white shirt totally did your jeggings justice!! love the look and especially your arm candy!

Posted 11.7.12 Reply
  23. Girl, your legs look smokin'!! Love this entire outfit, I might be soon copying you! 🙂

Tracy

Posted 11.7.12 Reply
  24. They most definitely require a certain body type to be pulled off, and you look great in them! As a plus sized woman, I have not braved the world of jeggings… I am only just sslloowwllyy allowing skinny jeans into my life 🙂

Posted 11.8.12 Reply