my favorite long sleeve tee

top: Old Navy (similar)
skirt: Madewell
boots: Target (similar)
scarf: H&M (similar)

you know that one shirt that you have in your closet, the one that is your current favorite? everything is right about it. the fit, the color, the feel…everything. this charcoal tee from old navy is that shirt for me right now. and i found it on clearance for like $6, which makes this whole thing even better.
i may or may not be a little nervous to wash it for fear that it will forever be changed and no longer be my favorite tee.
the question is: how many times can i wear it before it is no longer socially acceptable to not wash it?
1,000,000,000,000? oh, perfect. thanks for your help.

1. I share the same fear about washing my favorite tops. I have lost too many good shirts in this never ending battle. I say 1,000,000,000,000 is a good number 🙂 Good luck when you finally decide to wash it!

Posted 12.31.12 Reply

I'm the same way! I'm scared it'll shrink or fade or something. I go with as long as it doesn't have a spot or smell weird it's fine. And if it does smell spray frebreeze on it. 🙂

Posted 12.31.12 Reply

Old Navy has the most classic pieces! Currently, meaning since Christmas Eve, I have worn a grey cardigan from there every other day or so. It's the perfect fit, color, and it's a 9 on the scale of coziness. Plus, did I mention it was grey? Favoriteeeee.

Happy New Year, Lauren!

Chelsie
    @ wakeywakeysunshine.wordpress.com

4. Rachel wrote:

Lauren, I love the charcoal color, and it looks great with the feminine scarf & striped skirt! Happy New Year!
    floral&fudge

5. kodijo wrote:

Use lots of Febreeze. You'll be fine, haha.

6. Rebecca wrote:

I know how you feel. I bought a shirt from Target that was the perfect amount of soft. I think I wore it about 10 times before it HAD to be washed, haha.

Happy New Year!

Posted 12.31.12 Reply

I always have that fear with a new favorite item! Will it shrink? What's if it's not as stretchy? If it shortens my bright white stomach will show….wahHH. I say have it dry cleaned to avoid any issues. Yay for $6 favorite shirts.

Lindsay @
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Posted 12.31.12 Reply
  8. Haha! I have "that shirt" too. I fear the wash as well, you never know what could happen to it!!

Cute outfit!

Fanny

9. meghan wrote:

Such a cute outfit. I do love that shirt too. I wish it was still available! I don't know how many times you can wear it without washing it, mostly because I'm not sure my answer would be socially acceptable. 🙂

Posted 12.31.12 Reply

The shirt is cute, i really am not so sure about the skirt or dress or whatever that is, its pretty tacky. I would have pared that shirt with a super cute pair of skinny jeans with those boots or skinny jeans with flats the skirt is to much.. and doesnt go right with the shirt color or the scarf.

Posted 12.31.12 Reply

I own this top! In every color they had… 🙂 I also love it. When you wash it, all is well. BUT DON'T DRY IT. I dried one of mine and it got a bit fuzzy like it was one I've had for years. Disappointing. So a-ok to wash, but lay it flat to dry! 🙂 Also, I think you are adorable. You pair together things I never would expect and you always look amazing! The person "Anonymous" above is rude.

Posted 12.31.12 Reply

I have this shirt! I probably wore it every other day for like 2 weeks. Okay, maybe more like 10 days. But still, close. LOVE IT.

Agree with what previous posters have said: wash cold, lay flat to dry and it'll come out perfect.

13. 1,000,000,000,000 is perfectly acceptable
    xoxo
    Nicole

14. Libby wrote:

I've never commented before but I read your blog every day and love it. You are adorable and I agree with futureMrs.Davies–I love how you put things together that are totally unexpected and that I would never have thought of…..it's helping me to branh out with my style and be more "fun"! NOTHING you wear is ever tacky. 🙂

Posted 12.31.12 Reply
  15. i'm with Nicole, 1,000,000,000,000 is absolutely acceptable. LOVE that shirt!

Posted 12.31.12 Reply
  16. LOVE the entire outfit but I'm especially a fan of the boots. I bought the black pair first then had to go back and get the brown pair too…they are lovely.

Posted 1.1.13 Reply
  17. Ashley wrote:

I have a few shirts like that as well that I just want to wear all the time!!

Posted 1.1.13 Reply
  18. I get so lazy when it comes to doing laundry so I end up wearing things that many times anyway…oops

Posted 1.1.13 Reply
  19. Deana Rose wrote:

I love this look! That tee looks so comfy! And you have it style so chic!

Deana
    TesoriBelle.com

Posted 1.2.13 Reply
  20. Handbags in a Woolite and lay flat to dry . Downy wrinkle releaserelease to knock out the wrinkles . 😉

Posted 1.2.13 Reply
    • Holy double post and DYAC! Hand WASH in Woolite and there should only be one release there. Lol… Kindle Fire, FAIL! ;-P

Posted 1.2.13 Reply
  21. kirsti wrote:

I feel the same way! Hang dry it instead of putting it in the dryer!

Posted 1.3.13 Reply
  22. If this is the one that's made of rayon with the straight seam down the middle of the back, washing it WILL ruin it, sorry to tell you. I work there and we had someone bring it back for that reason.

Posted 1.3.13 Reply
  23. If this is the one that's made of rayon with the straight seam down the middle of the back, washing it WILL ruin it, sorry to tell you. I work there and we had someone bring it back for that reason.

Posted 1.3.13 Reply
  24. Jill wrote:

I may (or may not have) on occasion bought more than one of the same item because of this very fear. I mean…not so much that its an unhealthy habit. But definitely more than once. There is probably something not right about me….

Posted 1.3.13 Reply
  25. Kristin wrote:

I agree with Jill ^. I may or may not have bought 2-3 of the same cheap-ish shirts out of fear.
    However, I had a long sleeve shirt from Old Navy that decided to shrink to toddler size in the wash (not even the dryer!). So. I only got to wear it once 🙁

Posted 1.4.13 Reply
  26. SH wrote:

Gotta love those key pieces!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca