my halls are decked

confession: i decorated for christmas before thanksgiving this year.

that’s breaking some sort of cardinal christmas-decorating rule, isn’t it? i wish i could say that i’m sorry, but it was actually nice to come home from thanksgiving and not have to worry about pulling the christmas stuff out of my storage closet.

the cats, mostly milo, have made a serious habit of taking naps under the tree skirt. so, unfortunately, what is pictured is how it looks 99% of the time. oh well, you win some and you lose some. they’ve also snuck into their stocking a few times and tried to free the toys that i stuffed in there, with no success yet.

have you decorated for the holidays yet? what’s one thing that you have to have every year? mine is probably that small village you see in the second to last picture. i just love that thing.

p.s. that “joy to the world” print is from HERE.

Love your decorations! Nothing wrong with coming home to an already decorated house!!! Where did you get some of your pretty things? Denise

• Lauren wrote:

most are from Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or gifted!

2. Erin wrote:

Your decorations are so cute!

3. Applebypie wrote:

My favourite is a papier mache nativity scene. It is beautiful and the funniest thing is the kids like to rearrange it most days- so sometimes Mary is chatting to the kings, sometimes she is running off with the angel, sometimes she has turned her back on Joseph – we all have those days don't we ! It makes me smile every day!! X

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  4. love the "joy to the world map" – so cute!
    my fav holiday decoration staple is my holiday card display…
    love to change it up every year and see all the cute pics/ideas

xo – heather

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  5. I love your snowflake garland!

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  6. Your place looks great! I love the MERRY CHRISTMAS sign next to the trees. The piece I have to have out every year is the small wooden nativity scene that my mom gave me. It used to be up in their house every year and now I put it up in mine.

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  7. Where is that "Joy to the World" print/map from?? I love it!

8. Kendahl wrote:

I love that you have a stocking for the cat. I have two baby stockings, one for my dog and one for my cat with little bells on them. Too cute.

9. Kim wrote:

Your place looks good. I think those white bowls would look great with colorful bulbs!!

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  10. I'm starting to think that more and more Black Friday is meant for decorating vs. shopping. I think next year I will go with my gut and decorate then. (I never do the shopping thing). True story this year we headed to the store on Black Friday for 2 things… toilet paper and beer. 😉

The house looks awesome! And I Love the kitten stockings!!! We have stockings for our pets as well.

11. Bev wrote:

Swirly Christmas tree is adorbs!! Everything look fantab!

I don't think you're cray cray at all to have decorated before Thanksgiving…. you have a pass to do so since Christmas music started playing on the radio well in the beginning of November!

12. dxeechick wrote:

I only have 6 ornaments this year on my tree and I'm loving it. I also really look forward to putting up my nativity. Every year I'd get a new piece from my mom until I had the whole collection. So pretty! http://www.thismomsgonnasnap.com

13. before thanksgiving? girl, I like your style!! everything looks lovely

14. HLane wrote:

I think it's fine to decorate, it's hard not to get excited!

I have that same "Merry Christmas" tray with Santa on it. How fun!

15. SH wrote:

I love that you have decorated the entire house, not just with a tree! It's so nice incorporating every room with decorations.
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

16. Kristina wrote:

I actually decorated the day before Thanksgiving this year. Normally this would be a big no-no for me, but I was away for all of Thanksgiving weekend. It was so nice to come back to an already Christmas-y apartment!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  17. I decorated before Thanksgiving as well…ooops! I just didn't want to have to get back from Traveling and then spend hours decorating. It was so mice walking into a house already decorated 🙂

Happy Monday!

18. Melissa wrote:

Awww, I love all your decorations!!! And I'll admit I had everything but the xmas tree up before Thanksgiving as well 🙂 I love the joy to the world display!

Melissa
    amileinherboots.blogspot.com/

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  19. I have gone very slim on my holiday decorations this year but at least there is something on the walls to bring some cheer. I think that sentence rhymed! Ha! Love you cute skinny reindeer stocking holder.

lynnandlou.blogspot.com

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  20. The map with "Joy to the World" is awesome.

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  21. i LOVE your decorations, lauren!! so pretty!!

22. Stephanie wrote:

Where did you get that "Joy to the World" print? Love!

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  23. Super cute! You have such great style! My next decorating task is the top of my cabinets – I'm heading to Hobby Lobby and Michael's to see what I can come up with 🙂 You always provide great inspiration, whether it's for clothing, accessories, or home!

Posted 12.10.12 Reply
  24. love your decorations! I have the same Garland, but you totally hung it better! 🙂 I may need to do a facelift of my decorations after seeing this!

Posted 12.11.12 Reply

Wow! You seemed to be on the ball with your decorations here. Early and festive! I love it!

MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

Posted 12.11.12 Reply
  26. Angie wrote:

I hate to admit it but the only decor around my house this year is the tree. I just haven't been able to get motivated. Your decor is beautiful!

Posted 12.11.12 Reply
  27. Emily wrote:

You go, Lauren. The extent of my Christmas decorating are my two hand towels in the bathroom. Darn! For some reason, the Christmas cheer hasn't hit me yet this year…. I'm excited to say that I'm going into the city (Chicago) with my friend Saturday to look at the windows and see if we can change that!

xo,
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

Posted 12.11.12 Reply
  28. I'm embarrassed to admit, I put up my tree October 28.
    JUST COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER! 🙁
    Your apartment looks lovely though, Lauren! 🙂

Lynette @ lynette marie

Posted 12.11.12 Reply
  29. What camera do you use? I am in the market to find a better camera than my iPhone! 🙂

Thanks!

Melissa from Grin & Barrett

Posted 12.11.12 Reply
  30. Amy wrote:

Black Friday has become our official decorating day. My fiance and I make one trip to the Yankee Candle store to get our Christmas candles, and then it's decorating for the rest of the day! We have a village as well! It is definitely a favorite! Love your decorations!

Posted 12.12.12 Reply
  31. I love all your decorations! Your house must feel so cost and lovely. The cat stocking is by far my fav!!

I stared decorating right on the 1st Dec, cuz Mr won't let me start any earlier 😛

– Ididtellyou.blogspot.com

Posted 12.12.12 Reply
  32. So cute!! I can't wait to visit 🙂

Posted 12.12.12 Reply
  33. My decors are still up and they've been there since the last week of November so you could say that I was early hanging all the Christmas decors. As for the one thing I will always have to have, it's my mini Christmas wreath which I always hung at the center of my tree.

Posted 12.27.12 Reply