neutrals strike again

pants: Gap
black top: Old Navy (similar)
chambray: Target (similar)
necklace: Target (old)

it’s borderline alarming how neutral my wardrobe is. i’m fairly certain i would be diagnosed as a chromophobe…if that was something that was diagnosable. also, is diagnosable a word? it could go either way.

like, for example, this outfit. the only color is in a bracelet. and what’s funny to me is that i would almost feel uncomfortable wearing color. it’s sick, i tell you. just sick. especially because i know that some colors really brighten up my face and bring out those green eyes of mine.

so, this is my official call for help. who knows a good doctor that can cure me of my problems and make me see the light, er, color at the end of the tunnel? more likely, who can point me in the direction of a piece of clothing that has color that i must own?

all help is welcome. seriously, guys.

don’t feel like you actually need to help. i don’t really know what you can do, other than to tell me that all of my outfits lacking color are terrible and ugly. wait…don’t do that.

1. Maybe you could start with a colored skinny? Try the Super skinny twill pants from GAP in admiral red. They're the cutest colored skinny i've seen in a while!

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  2. I think neutrals are great staples to have in your closet! I am a sucker for all things black myself, but I'm starting to branch out. I think adding a pop of color with your accessories is a great way to bring in some color ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted 12.20.12 Reply

I'm the same way! 80 percent of my closet is neutrals, aka black. I have a bright pair of skinnies and I feel naked when I wear them, and think "Everyone stop looking at me!"

4. you can't go wrong with neutrals — and love your arm candy by the way! xo

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  5. ok, i have the same disease. haha.
    as i look at the outfits i've posted on my blog,
    they are all neutrals too!

but check out this post:

i think the bright scarf helped?

good luck – heather

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  6. Well this is a program that helps people find the clothing that best matches their personality and body type, it will help you find colors that make you feel and look your best

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  7. Well its a cute outfit either way!

xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

Posted 12.20.12 Reply

This outfit is most definitely not terrible & ugly! I don't think I've ever not liked an outfit you've put on!

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  9. This look is great on you!! I feel like mustard is the new neutral ๐Ÿ™‚ http://www.completepackagemama.com

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  10. The best cure is spending time with your boyfriend who is in town. YEAH!

11. Ruby Girl wrote:

adorable look! super cozy and totally resembles my own go-to's! ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted 12.20.12 Reply

Definitely get rid of the shoes! Perhaps a nice bot would enhance the look. And don;t wear UGGS, women look like Clydesdales when they sport UGGS!

All the Best!

13. Rebecca S. wrote:

Maybe I am feeding your addiction, but I like the neutrals. I feel like you cant go wrong with them. Life would be boring if we all had the same style!!

14. Kristina wrote:

It's probably just the season, I always feel myself pulled towards neutrals when it's cold out. I love the necklace you're rocking!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  15. Your outfits could never be ugly! I love them! You know, sometimes I think color is overrated. An understated neutral outfit can go a long way. ๐Ÿ™‚ I used to wear all color all the time and I got a little tired of it. Now I add pops of color here and there (more than just a brace late! ;)). Red is always a good color to start with… A handbag, a pair of flats, a statement necklace. Kinda like Brooke from Atlantic-Pacific, you know? But if you don't wanna change, I don't blame you, because I just LOVE all of your neutral outfits. I'm with Rebecca S., You look great!!!

16. Emily wrote:

Could you try color-block shirts and sweaters? They are sort of a modern take on color these days.

17. Laura wrote:

I tend to keep most of my wardrobe neutral as well, but I funk it up with colored accessories (jewelry, scarves, bags, etc).

–Laura

Posted 12.20.12 Reply
  18. I'm also horrible at going outside of the neutral range, I find that most things I buy are grey then I'm shocked when I go into my closet and can't find anything to wear because, well, it's all the same color.

Posted 12.21.12 Reply

I love neutrals and your ombre look ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted 12.21.12 Reply
  20. Natalia G wrote:

i love neutrals. i too, feel uncomfortable wearing most colors. and a lot of bold colors look good on me i just feel like they're too flashy. probably could be on account of my being an introvert, still… anyways i love this look. i really should have gotten that chambray at target. still regret not getting it, haha. xx|Natalia.

Posted 12.21.12 Reply
  21. kirsti wrote:

Add a scarf, or a small pop of color in your top? Like a color block shirt or stripe shirt?

Posted 12.21.12 Reply

This outfit isn't bad at all! I think like everyone has been saying maybe add a colorful scarf= I have a case of scarf-a-holic or even a babble necklace (turquoise would be a nice color) would be great! Sometimes on my neutral outfits I just add fun colorful accessories.

Posted 12.23.12 Reply

I would ditch the button up shirt, Im very colorful so if i was to wear that it would have to be brighter, i think the color makes you look really pasty. You are a very cute girl why blend in?? If I was you I would want to stand out :p but its your life your clothes, doesnt matter who says what, you probley wont change anyways.

Posted 12.26.12 Reply
  24. Ohh thank you for this! I have most of these peices and think I can pull this outfit off! xoxo

Posted 12.28.12 Reply
  25. SH wrote:

My wardrobe used to consist of solely neutrals as well! What helped me: I organized my closet into types of clothes (shirts, pants, long-sleeves, tanks, etc). Then I further organized these items into colour. Now, when I go shopping, I look at my closet first and decide I have too many pink tanks, so I should opt for another color. Hope that helps!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca