anatomy of a nightstand

what’s currently on my nightstand:

• flowers
  • an elastic hair tie
  • books i’m currently reading
  • inspiring words
  • a candle
  • lip balm
  • a photo of my man and me
  • pretty decorative things
  • a geometric tray

nightstand: Ikea / frame, feather, blue decorative piece, lamp: Target / tray, flowers: Marshall’s

Hi there!

Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I'm a small business owner, wife, and mom currently residing in Raleigh, NC. In sharing my love for fashion, beauty finds, and interiors, I hope that you feel inspired and encouraged to express your own style and feel confident!

shop my instagram

1. 1.30.13
    Amanda said:

I wish I could have you, your sister, and your mom come and decorate my house! Everything you three do in your homes is so pretty and chic!

2. 1.30.13

Oh I love this as a night stand. I must pin it so I can go in search for a couple when I re-do our bedroom.

Thanks for the inspiration!

3. 1.30.13
    Rachel said:

I love your nightstand–especially the blue lamp and geometric tray! I hope to upgrade my nightstand someday from a rubbermaid bin to something like this 🙂
    floralandfudge

4. 1.30.13
    Ash said:

So pretty! I have that same basket on the bottom, I think.

5. 1.30.13
    Shelly said:

I love the roses. Where are the flowers from? I am assuming they aren't real? I've been wanting desperately to add a dash of pink to my room but didn't want my flowers to look too fake.

6. 1.30.13

I love this! I have been trying to make an effort with my nightstand. It is always a mess! I also always have that lip balm with me.

xx
    Amanda

7. 1.30.13

just lovely! I need to revamp my nightstand too! xo

8. 1.30.13
    SH said:

Beautiful! I love the black tray and the pink flowers. I also love that book – 5 love languages 🙂

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

9. 1.30.13

Every little corner of your home seems so polished and perfect! I just {LOVE} your style! Where did you find your black tray? It's lovely!

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

10. 1.30.13

perfect, non-clutter, clean, nick nacks 🙂

xo – heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

11. 1.30.13

Oh, I totally love this! My poor little nightstand is piled with books. LOVE LOVE the open shelves in yours. Definitely going to IKEA soon. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

12. 1.30.13

where is the actually night stand from?

13. 1.30.13
    Lexi said:

Oh My Goodness! I l.o.v.e it! Such class!
    And the colors with patterns… I'm digging it girl!

14. 1.30.13
    Vickie said:

Very pretty. You're so organized. My nightstand is a mess. Thank goodness it has doors. Where did you get the little block – All you need is love & a cat?

• 1.31.13
      Lauren said:

Francesca's! But I've seen them other places, as well.

15. 1.30.13

I have this same candle and it's my absolute fave! Plus, the outside is adorable as well! Question for you – I have the Five Languages of Love on my Amazon wish list – what do you think?

-Sarah

• 1.31.13
      Lauren said:

I've really enjoyed it so far. It's a good book to help with any type of relationship and I've learned a lot about myself!

16. 1.30.13

what a beautiful night stand you have!

17. 1.30.13
    Courtney said:

Please please please come decorate my future home! This is absolutely gorgeous…i'm in love!

18. 1.30.13
    Meg Cady said:

So I'm just going to copy your room… not in the creepy stalker Helga from Hey Arnold way (please tell me you remember that) but in the you seriusly have the best style way!

• 1.31.13
      Lauren said:

haha of course i remember that, 90's kids unite! feel free to copy 😉

19. 1.30.13

Your night stand is so clean and sleek. I love it! The lamp is perfect, I am in love.

xoxo
    Mags

20. 1.30.13

Love your nightstand! Pefect items for a cute stand.

Caroline

21. 1.30.13
    Abby M. said:

Five Love Languages…best book ever. I have given it to so many people to read! Love your night stand.

22. 1.30.13
    Anna TTIL said:

I love your blue lamp! I've been looking for something similar!

23. 1.30.13
    Kristina said:

Cute post!! I've actually never had a nightstand, my bed has just always been near a bookcase that's really a little too high to be functional. I'm about to get my first one (big girl status) so this post is helpful! Chapstick is a must.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

24. 1.31.13
    Bev said:

your flowers are GORG!!!! Where'd you get em and are they roses?!?! OMG I love em!

25. 1.31.13
    Bev said:

26. 1.31.13
    LKF said:

You totally just gave me a deja vu moment. Two of the books on my nightstand right now are The Reason for God and The Five Love Languages. I'm also reading So Long Insecurity and The Great Gatsby. Anyways just thought that was a crazy cool coincidence!

27. 1.31.13

I absolutely love those flowers! Where are they from?? Gorgeous as usual….

28. 1.31.13
    rachel said:

First. LOVE the nightstand. Everything about it is just simple and beautiful.
    But really….. LOVE, LOVE LOVE the books that are on it. 🙂

29. 2.1.13
    Anonymous said:

Love the nightstand! I never would have thought to use something like this next to the bed but you make it work perfectly! So cute 🙂
    xoxo
    Erin

30. 2.1.13
    gayle t. said:

Hey Lauren! I know you get a million emails per day, but I REALLY need to know — how do you keep your cats out of your decor and stuff? I have two cats, and I have had to put basically everything away because they mess with EV.ER.Y.THING. Sigh. Please help?

xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

31. 2.2.13

Really love your decorating style. A really great trick I've been doing lately is to tack cords and wires to the backs of my tables, night stands, etc. I think it makes for an even cleaner look. Love the blog!

32. 2.3.13
    susyb said:

I love the nightstand. Even more though, I love that book "My Utmost for His Highest". 🙂