anatomy of a nightstand

what’s currently on my nightstand:

• flowers
  • an elastic hair tie
  • books i’m currently reading
  • inspiring words
  • a candle
  • lip balm
  • a photo of my man and me
  • pretty decorative things
  • a geometric tray

nightstand: Ikea / frame, feather, blue decorative piece, lamp: Target / tray, flowers: Marshall’s

1. Amanda wrote:

I wish I could have you, your sister, and your mom come and decorate my house! Everything you three do in your homes is so pretty and chic!

Posted 1.30.13 Reply
  2. Oh I love this as a night stand. I must pin it so I can go in search for a couple when I re-do our bedroom.

Thanks for the inspiration!

3. Rachel wrote:

I love your nightstand–especially the blue lamp and geometric tray! I hope to upgrade my nightstand someday from a rubbermaid bin to something like this 🙂
    floralandfudge

4. Ash wrote:

So pretty! I have that same basket on the bottom, I think.

5. Shelly wrote:

I love the roses. Where are the flowers from? I am assuming they aren't real? I've been wanting desperately to add a dash of pink to my room but didn't want my flowers to look too fake.

6. Amanda Joy wrote:

I love this! I have been trying to make an effort with my nightstand. It is always a mess! I also always have that lip balm with me.

xx
    Amanda

7. just lovely! I need to revamp my nightstand too! xo

8. SH wrote:

Beautiful! I love the black tray and the pink flowers. I also love that book – 5 love languages 🙂

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Posted 1.30.13 Reply
  9. Every little corner of your home seems so polished and perfect! I just {LOVE} your style! Where did you find your black tray? It's lovely!

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

10. perfect, non-clutter, clean, nick nacks 🙂

xo – heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

Posted 1.30.13 Reply
  11. Oh, I totally love this! My poor little nightstand is piled with books. LOVE LOVE the open shelves in yours. Definitely going to IKEA soon. Thanks for the inspiration. 🙂

Posted 1.30.13 Reply
  12. where is the actually night stand from?

13. Lexi wrote:

Oh My Goodness! I l.o.v.e it! Such class!
    And the colors with patterns… I'm digging it girl!

14. Vickie wrote:

Very pretty. You're so organized. My nightstand is a mess. Thank goodness it has doors. Where did you get the little block – All you need is love & a cat?

• Lauren wrote:

Francesca's! But I've seen them other places, as well.

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  15. I have this same candle and it's my absolute fave! Plus, the outside is adorable as well! Question for you – I have the Five Languages of Love on my Amazon wish list – what do you think?

-Sarah

• Lauren wrote:

I've really enjoyed it so far. It's a good book to help with any type of relationship and I've learned a lot about myself!

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  16. what a beautiful night stand you have!

Posted 1.30.13 Reply

Please please please come decorate my future home! This is absolutely gorgeous…i'm in love!

• Lauren wrote:

i would love to! 🙂

Posted 1.31.13 Reply

So I'm just going to copy your room… not in the creepy stalker Helga from Hey Arnold way (please tell me you remember that) but in the you seriusly have the best style way!

• Lauren wrote:

haha of course i remember that, 90's kids unite! feel free to copy 😉

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  19. Your night stand is so clean and sleek. I love it! The lamp is perfect, I am in love.

xoxo
    Mags

Posted 1.30.13 Reply
  20. Love your nightstand! Pefect items for a cute stand.

Caroline

21. Abby M. wrote:

Five Love Languages…best book ever. I have given it to so many people to read! Love your night stand.

22. Anna TTIL wrote:

I love your blue lamp! I've been looking for something similar!

23. Kristina wrote:

Cute post!! I've actually never had a nightstand, my bed has just always been near a bookcase that's really a little too high to be functional. I'm about to get my first one (big girl status) so this post is helpful! Chapstick is a must.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

24. Bev wrote:

your flowers are GORG!!!! Where'd you get em and are they roses?!?! OMG I love em!

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  25. Bev wrote:

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  26. LKF wrote:

You totally just gave me a deja vu moment. Two of the books on my nightstand right now are The Reason for God and The Five Love Languages. I'm also reading So Long Insecurity and The Great Gatsby. Anyways just thought that was a crazy cool coincidence!

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  27. I absolutely love those flowers! Where are they from?? Gorgeous as usual….

Posted 1.31.13 Reply
  28. rachel wrote:

First. LOVE the nightstand. Everything about it is just simple and beautiful.
    But really….. LOVE, LOVE LOVE the books that are on it. 🙂

Posted 1.31.13 Reply

Love the nightstand! I never would have thought to use something like this next to the bed but you make it work perfectly! So cute 🙂
    xoxo
    Erin

Posted 2.1.13 Reply
  30. gayle t. wrote:

Hey Lauren! I know you get a million emails per day, but I REALLY need to know — how do you keep your cats out of your decor and stuff? I have two cats, and I have had to put basically everything away because they mess with EV.ER.Y.THING. Sigh. Please help?

xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

Posted 2.1.13 Reply
  31. Really love your decorating style. A really great trick I've been doing lately is to tack cords and wires to the backs of my tables, night stands, etc. I think it makes for an even cleaner look. Love the blog!

Posted 2.2.13 Reply
  32. susyb wrote:

I love the nightstand. Even more though, I love that book "My Utmost for His Highest". 🙂

Posted 2.3.13 Reply