DIY bar

i don’t know about you, but i love the look of a well-styled bar cart. they’re all over pinterest and my favorite blogs, and i was inspired to create my own version of it using some things that i already had. it fits perfectly in the corner of my dining room and makes me feel like throwing a dinner party just about every night…which pretty much never happens.
oh well. gaze away.

tray / chalkboard jar: Target
straws: le goods on Etsy

cardboard coasters: TJ Maxx
bottles: Hobby Lobby
bottle opener: Pottery Barn
origami: World Market
candle: Marshall’s (?)

1. Simply love how you styled this! Really fantastic details!

Chelsea
    Haute Child in the City

2. Sam wrote:

In love! I'm transforming my dining room into an 'office room'… But now I'm totally thinking it needs the addition of a bar cart! Great job with yours! Love all of the accessories.

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
  3. I LOVE Cupcake wine! My favorite is the Mosacto D'Asti! So tasty! Which ones do you have in the picture? Very cute bar area, too!

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
  4. thats such a pretty DIY bar — and actually I think I have the same bookshelf so I could totally do this! xo

5. Carly wrote:

Adorable! I've been meaning to build a bar!

Carly

Posted 1.15.13 Reply

Oh I love it! Please please when I buy my first house will you come style it?! =)

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
  7. Love this! I've always wanted to do it…but I'm not sure I could keep wine lasting long enough in one to always look chic 🙂

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
    • This cracks me up, I was thinking the same thing. Like "Is it classy to have a mostly empty bottle sitting out? Well, maybe if I keep the already opened bottle on the kitchen counter, then it looks like I'm using it as cooking wine." 😉

• Jennifer wrote:

I have a bar that hold 10 bottles and it can never stay filled enough to be cute!! Good thing the bar itself it cute!!

8. Rachel wrote:

aww this looks adorable! love the straws and the chalkboard jug thingy… very whimsical and colorful 🙂 i love how this set up has easy access to glasses, entertaining/party-hosting made easy.

rachel x

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
  9. This is so much fun! You're so crafty!

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
  10. I love this! It's adorable.

Posted 1.15.13 Reply
  11. This is lovely! Well done!

12. Lea Binta wrote:

Great details. I wish I had enough space in my livingroom for a bar cart.

/Lea Binta

Posted 1.15.13 Reply

Is that "red velvet" cupcake? Love that wine! I have some in my wine rack. My need to open it this weekend! 🙂

14. Alix wrote:

I have a corner of our apartment that I have been wanting to do something with. This would be perfect! I have that bottle opener habging in my wall right now. Thank you for sharing it's beautiful!

15. Katherine wrote:

Hi Lauren!

I like this idea a lot … if I had a large enough dining room. Ha! 🙂 Question for you: did you hang a shower curtain (or just a regular one) in the corner to give the look of a pattern? Or am I seeing things? Either way, I really like the look. 🙂

-Katherine

16. SH wrote:

This is so perfect! My hubby and I live in an apartment, so we don't have a lot of room for something like this. I've always wanted a bar cart. Maybe someday! You've styled yours so well 🙂

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

17. Holly wrote:

This looks fabulous! I've been on the hunt for a bar cart for some time now, but this might just be what I'm looking for! Thanks for sharing, doll!

18. Dorothy Wu wrote:

fabric panel? curtain? show us how it's hung! and seriously? pink decanter? love it!

19. Awesome job, Lauren!! This looks amazing. You are so inspiring. 🙂 xoxo

20. Jenn D wrote:

oh I love that chalkboard jar!
    Jenn
    With Luck

21. heather wrote:

oh wow, super cute! really love the tray and key bottle opener!

22. This is so cute!!

Posted 1.16.13 Reply
  23. Love it! It's so great when home decor DIY come together so nicely! I've been on a bit of a home decorating kick recently too, a few changes can make all the difference 🙂

life-etcblog.blogspot.com.au

Posted 1.16.13 Reply

Wow, I love this! And I think I could definitely do something similar in my home… thanks for the inspiration!

Posted 1.17.13 Reply
  25. Seriously? You have the cutest bar cart ever!
    And do I spy Cupcake Moscato in the back?? SO yummy!

Posted 2.1.13 Reply