high five for friday

1. girl’s night with some of my favorite chicks.
2. so, sometimes i eat fries and a chocolate shake for dinner. according to my sister, it’s my “signature meal”.
3. cute socks make getting dressed more fun. (from H&M)
4. there’s nothing that i love more than putting on bum clothes as soon as i get home from anywhere. wearing jeans in the apartment? wouldn’t know what it’s like…
5. i tried a new quinoa recipe and really like it. you can find it HERE.

how has your week been? link up below and share 5 of your favorite things from this week!

* tag me on twitter (@lauren_fmgd) and use hashtag #h54f

* to grab the H54F button to share in your post, click on “Share” at the top of the page!

Hi there!

Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I'm a small business owner, wife, and mom currently residing in Raleigh, NC. In sharing my love for fashion, beauty finds, and interiors, I hope that you feel inspired and encouraged to express your own style and feel confident!

shop my instagram

1. 1.25.13
    Ashley said:

Why do I not own a pair of polka dot socks??!

Bum clothes….I said the same thing today!!

Happy Friday!

2. 1.25.13
    Pamela said:

You look cute bummin' lol

3. 1.25.13
    Belinda said:

Thanks for sharing that recipe! Looks super yummy, can't wait to try it out.

Have a great weekend!

4. 1.25.13

I am definitely going to try that quinoa recipe! Thank you!

5. 1.25.13
    Sarah said:

Cute socks!

6. 1.25.13
    Ruth V. said:

Great recipe! Thanks for sharing it (and the great link up)! Have a great weekend 🙂

7. 1.25.13
    Sarah said:

People, please only link up high five for Friday posts.

8. 1.25.13

I always change as soon as I get home, too! No use wasting good clothes for hanging around the house. 🙂 Love the polka dots!

9. 1.25.13

How are your bum clothes soo cute??

10. 1.25.13
    Kate said:

it totally is your signature meal.

• 1.25.13

And have you experienced the AMAZING-NESS of dipping the fries in? That is my favorite.

• 1.25.13
      Amber said:

I do the same thing with a Wendy's frosty and fries…it's fabulous! A great meal! 🙂

11. 1.25.13
    Anonymous said:

Oh man, I visited NC once and when I left all I could think about was Cook Out! It's so stinking good!

Cute socks! And I'm definitely rying that quinoa salad! I've never had quinoa and I've been looking for a good starter recipe 🙂

12. 1.25.13

that quinoa looks so yummy!! xo

13. 1.25.13

So. Many. Polka. Dot. Socks.
    How fun!

14. 1.25.13

i heart wendy's fries + frosty.
    dipping is key.

xo – heather
    This Life Is Yours Blog

15. 1.25.13
    Rebecca said:

MMm! Cook Out! Love it.

I wear bum clothes around the house, too.

16. 1.25.13
    Sam said:

We are getting an H&M this fall in Louisville & I couldn't be more excited! I will have to try out that quinoa recipe!

17. 1.25.13
    Sarah said:

I know exactly how you feel about the bum clothes! Why should I put on a cute but uncomfortable outfit to wear around the house? It's just not worth it…:)

18. 1.25.13
    Mrs. B said:

I don't think that I ever make it more than 5 minutes after getting home before changing into "bum clothes". Have a great weekend!

19. 1.25.13
    Melissa said:

The first thing I do when I get home is go straight to my bedroom. Bra off. PJs on.

20. 1.25.13

My husband and I never wear jeans at home either. We come in the door, wash our hands, and are in shorts or sweats within three minutes. Jeans (or any real "I wear these in public" bottoms) are uncomfortable when sitting on the couch. 🙂

21. 1.25.13

Lovely photos, polka dot socks look super fun!!!
    Elena

22. 1.25.13
    Bryna said:

I like to dip fries in ice cream. I imagine it would taste just as good dipped in chocolate shake. Have you tried doing that?

23. 1.25.13
    Meg Cady said:

I love those socks. I cant buy cute socks I always loose one and then wear mismatching socks. boo.
    It is a miracle if my "day" clothes last 5 mins when I walk in the house. Especially after church I love sundays when I am in bum clothes but my hair and make up are done!

Have a great weekend!

24. 1.25.13

Love the socks! So fun. And yeah…who wears real clothes at home? Sweats. The moment I walk in the door.

25. 1.25.13
    Betty said:

There is nothing better than a chocolate shake with fries. Definitely one of my favorite treats! 🙂

26. 1.25.13
    Kelsey said:

My high five was also full of polka dots! Now I feel like I need to get polka dot socks to round off my collection. I can't seem to get enough lately…

27. 1.25.13
    Bev said:

those socks are the cutest ever!!! love the different colors! and love H&M even more!!

28. 1.25.13
    *CPA* Su said:

I have been wanting a 3/4 sleeve baseball T FOREVER!! Makes burn clothes (brand new phrase to me!) so adorable! 🙂

29. 1.25.13
    Anonymous said:

I love Kate's shirt in the girls night picture…but can you tell me what it says under the Hello. And where it's from?? THANKS!

• 1.25.13
      Lauren said:

just says "hello", from hello apparel!

30. 1.25.13

LOVE those socks! and you look so comfy and in your bum clothes. Wish i was wearing some right now!

31. 1.25.13
    Kristina said:

Those socks are so adorable!! I was just at H&M yesterday and actually wanted all of their socks, which is a weird thing to get so excited about 😉

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

32. 1.25.13

Oh man, I LOVE a good shake and fries. Delish. Happy Friday!!

Lauren @ My Polished Sdie Blog

33. 1.25.13
    SH said:

That milkshake looks delicious!

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

34. 1.25.13
    kodijo said:

I do the same thing when I get home! My jewelry comes off and my sweats, Columbia fleece and slippers go on!
    grey et al

35. 1.25.13

Those socks are SUPER cute! I have been away from blogging for awhile and just now getting back in to it. Can't wait to participate in your link-up next week!

36. 1.26.13

I love girls night! Great end to a long work week. Have a fab weekend!

37. 1.26.13
    Holli said:

love your socks!

38. 1.26.13
    Stephanie said:

Just linked up, and I'm loving your blog (and those socks… adorable!) Have a fabulous weekend 🙂

xo,
    Steph
    Diary of a Debutante

39. 1.27.13

WHERE did you get that cute friend on the left? Do you think she'd be my friend too? Could I pull it off?

40. 1.27.13
    Anonymous said:

Lounging around in sweats is THE best in the winter. I'm caught in sweats no more than 5 minutes after I get home from work! Haha…love it!
    xoxo