texture + pattern

vest: Banana Republic (old)
leggings: Gap
shoes: Urban Outfitters (similar)
necklace: Anthropologie
bangle: Kate Spade

there’s something that i like about an unexpected combination. maybe it’s the rebel in me, but i think that pattern and texture should always be worn together. i’m also a firm believer in pairing pieces of clothing that you maybe wouldn’t have thought to put together. i can definitely say that i end up wearing my clothes with other things that i never would have thought to put together until they were in my closet. call me crazy, but i think things that are just a little different, off the beaten path, unexpected.  i think that’s part of my style mantra, if i had to say.

what about you? do you like to take risks with your clothes or stick to the things you know?

1. oh i love it! so cute! and yes, i totally do that – it's one of the fun challenges about getting dressed in the morning! 🙂

Posted 1.10.13 Reply
  2. I love the pattern/texture combination, too. Orange is a great color on you! And as always, I'm a fan of polka dots.

Posted 1.10.13 Reply
  3. I only have a few risky pieces in my closet. But, I find myself drawn to those pieces often, especially when I am looking to feel better about the day. Would love to be more risky in fashion. Love the polka dots!

4. such a lovely blouse on you! xo

5. Rebecca wrote:

Gorgeous! I love pairing different patterns and textures.

6. Emily wrote:

Cute combo! I love your shoes, they look so comfy. Where are they from?

• Emily wrote:

Just kidding. I just saw that you put where they are from. Excuse me – my coffee hasn't kicked in yet!

7. Carly wrote:

Love the top, the colors are adorable!

Carly

8. Jenn D wrote:

This outfit is so fun! I tend to play it safe more than anything else. I do like to choose fun textures and colors, but I know that if I walk out the door and don't feel confident immediately, I'll feel weird all day.

Posted 1.10.13 Reply

Love the pop of color on a dreary winter day! So cute!

Posted 1.10.13 Reply

So cute! I never would have thought to put these pieces together but they go so wonderfully!

11. Kathleen wrote:

I LOVE Francesca's. If I could get most of my clothes from there I would. Unfortunately my bank account doesn't agree with me. Luckily when they have sales, those sales are AMAZING!

Love this outfit! 🙂

12. *CPA* Su wrote:

I love that vest!!!!!

Posted 1.10.13 Reply
  13. Cute outfit! How do you get such nice volume at your roots?

14. Hannah wrote:

Love this blouse! Glad to see some fun colors on you, girl!

Posted 1.10.13 Reply
  15. I tend to be safe…but thanks to you and your sister I am trying to venture out a little more. And as always you look adorable!

Posted 1.10.13 Reply
  16. love this outfit!! That top is so cute and i NEED that vest. perfect perfect perfect 🙂

17. Kristen wrote:

I LOVE your hair!!! It looks amazing!! Love the outfit too! Super cute!

18. This outfit is perfect!! I love everything about it. xx. McKenna Lou

Posted 1.10.13 Reply

I absolutely love this outfit!!! Its one of those that I could wear everyday!
    And I love your hair as well!

Vera

20. Kristina wrote:

Your hair looks really pretty here, did you brighten it up a little?

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

21. SH wrote:

Love the texture! What a neat long vest to throw over virtually anything! Including pattern 🙂
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

22. Shannon wrote:

Darling layering. I love your vest. I've been thinking I need more vests in my wardrobe. 🙂

Posted 1.10.13 Reply
  23. I love the shirt! I also like to mix patterns/textures – usually I'll pair something more edgy or masculine with something feminine, like a studded belt with a floral dress 🙂

Makeupandothermusings.blogspot.com

Posted 1.11.13 Reply

zut alors! zeez eez pretty!

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  25. adorable! I love the vibrant blue against that orange. Thankfully I am now taking more risk with pairing my clothes together. Bloggers like you (and Pinterest) have def shown me that the unexpected in fashion is much more fun!

Posted 1.11.13 Reply
  26. el33ta wrote:

What an amazing outfit! I wouldnt never dare to wear something like that, but it looks fab on you!
    Xx el33ta

Posted 1.12.13 Reply
  27. I love this combination!!!! The blouse is super fun!!! I love mixing different colors and textures too!
    Elena