DIY mug holder

i’m not even totally sure that i can really call this a DIY considering that it has only one step. but, i’m going with it. i bought this bamboo mug holder at Target just before Christmas. i liked the sleekness of the white, but wanted something a little more fun for my kitchen. also, i kind of collect cute mugs and the cabinet was just about overflowing with them, so i thought some counter storage would do the trick.
i really wanted to paint it gold (no surprise there), but couldn’t find it at the store so i went with silver. i just bought a small can of spray paint, went out on my porch, and painted two coats of the paint onto the holder. i let it dry overnight and then it was ready to go!
for the spoon art at the top of the photo, go HERE
 patterned mugs from anthropologie; cat mug from target

1. Kate wrote:

cute cute cute!

Posted 2.6.13 Reply

So sleek! It makes a great backdrop for your fun mugs 🙂

3. JANNA wrote:

This looks really good! I love it and your spoon arr too!

4. Jayda wrote:

I bought a mug tree a few months ago, and my husband, parents, and sister made fun of me mercilessly for it…now I can show this to them, and prove that mug trees are back in style! Ha!

Ps: yours looks great!

5. Jenn D wrote:

I collect mugs too. My cabinets would probably thank me if I did this.

6. so cute!
    love the mugs & spoon art too!!

xo – heather

7. very cute! and such a fun collection of mugs too! xo

8. Kristina wrote:

Ahh that cat mug is so adorable!! I love how spray paint makes anything look fancier.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Posted 2.6.13 Reply

so cute! way to jazz up a boring old mug caddy!

Bethany @ theclassybee

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  10. I'm happy you found silver it goes so well with the spoon art! Great job girl! And I love that cat mug, you are a girl after my own feline loving heart!

11. Rosie Rice wrote:

Oh my gosh, I love that! I have so many coffee mugs…I never thought of something like that for the counter and to display the cute mugs.

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  12. This is so cute! I am definitely pinning this, it will be great for my new place! xx. McKenna Lou

13. Jenn wrote:

Such a simple idea… love it! Wanna do it for me? 😉

14. This is so cute, and looks so easy! Love your mugs by the way! 🙂

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  15. Everything in your house is so adorable! You definitely have an eye for design and style! {and yes, even if it's only one step, I'd still consider it a DIY project!} 🙂

Molly from littlebittyprettylife.blogspot.com

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  16. Lauren- I love the wooden spoon art hanging above the new mug holder (super creative upcycling/thrifting…btw)!! Did you make that as well?
    Sarah @ http://tobemrscollier.blogspot.com

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  17. oh I absolutely love this!

18. SH wrote:

This looks awesome! And yes – it can be considered DIY 🙂

Sheree
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Posted 2.6.13 Reply

mini cans of spray paint!
    I am a sucker for a mini can of anything!!!

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  20. Cute, I spray painted mine a tourquoise color and I hang my bracelets on it. Its on my dresser 🙂 Love it!

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  21. Cute!!!!! I have been looking for a mug stand forever…i'll have to double check target again!

22. dxeechick wrote:

very cute. if i had such adorable mugs to show off, i would do this too. maybe i need new mugs!! 🙂

23. Alea wrote:

Love! looks great, very creative, amazing job 🙂

Posted 2.6.13 Reply
  24. This is super cute and definitely my type of a DIY project!

xx