The Perfect Combination

i may have found my perfect combination of products to create a natural-looking glow. i’ve been mixing and matching different foundations, BB creams, highlighters, and concealers for awhile, so it’s been a process!

this is how the makeup looks in natural light — the best my skin has looked in a looooong time!

products used:
Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation, bareMinerals Complexion Rescue, Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo, Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray

i typically like a lighter coverage foundation. the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation can be a bit cakier (not a word.) than i would normally use, but when mixed with the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue, it’s just right. it really does give the look of airbrushed skin, too.

and the highlighter adds the perfect bit of glow that catches the light just right.

the Complexion Rescue adds a good amount of tint, while remaining fairly translucent and really lightweight. plus, i can feel how it’s moisturizing my skin, which is key. i let it sit on my face for a second before applying a light veil of the Tarte foundation overtop.

the winner for me is the setting spray. i have slightly oily skin, so my makeup tends to melt off of my face about halfway through the day. i kid you not, an entire day went by and my makeup didn’t move the first time i used this. i was so impressed! just 4 quick sprays all over your face and you’re good to go! it dries quickly and truly does work. i always thought my foundation or moisturizer was the issue, but now i have a solution.
since i added these products to my daily routine, it was time to get a bigger makeup bag to store it all in. i couldn’t resist this pretty rose gold and blush leopard print on at Sephora. it’s a great size to store all of my makeup, and has plenty of compartments to keep it all organized.

1. Gwen F wrote:

Your skin does look flawless, and that bold lipstick is perfect on you. Kate did a great job on your hair.

2. Lindsey G wrote:

Love it. I use Tarte and too, have the "oily skin melting away" problem. What color is your lipstick? It's perfect on you!

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
    • You should try the setting spray — total game-changer! It's Revlon Colorstay Balm Stain in Crush

3. Adrienne wrote:

You look great! Are you still using the IT Cosmetics concealer? Your eyes look so bright and fresh.

4. Andrea wrote:

Any chance we could get a video of you doing your makeup?

5. katers wrote:

Looks so good! What kind of brush did you use with the powder? I'm trying to judge if the airbrush brush is worth it!

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
    • Thanks! I use the brush that Tarte recommends — the kabuki brush. I haven't tried applying with any other type, so I can't really say if there's a huge difference, but I do really like how that brush applies the foundation.

6. KK wrote:

Do you place the highlighter just around the eyes? I'm so clueless. :-/

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
    • I do it along my hair line, the tops of my cheeks, and on my nose!

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
  7. I bought the Tarte foundation after seeing it on Kate's blog and I am obsessed. I also swear by the Urban Decay De-Slick spray. It's a game changer for sure!

8. MelissaG wrote:

I have the Tarte Airbrush Foundation, but it sure doesn't look as flawless on me as it does on you!!

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
    • Just the foundation alone doesn't look that good on my skin, but the combination of all the products is key!

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
  9. Your skin looks amazing with these combinations. I've been wanting to try the Bare Minerals Complex rescue, so i'm happy to hear you are liking it 🙂 I'm all for a very natural makeup look, so i'm going to try these products out for sure!

x amber

Posted 11.11.15 Reply
  10. Your skins looks beautiful! Thank you for the product suggestions! I really like the Tarte blushes and mascara so I want to try the foundation as well!

Posted 11.12.15 Reply
  11. Unknown wrote:

Do you use BOTH a blush and the highlighter? If so, can you share which blush you use?

Posted 11.12.15 Reply
  12. Such a beautiful and glowing look on you! Perfect for fall and winter. Thanks for all of the tips on the beauty products! Just went out and bought them all today to recreate the look!! 💄

Posted 11.13.15 Reply
  13. KK wrote:

Can you share what blush you are using in this post. So pretty!

Posted 11.14.15 Reply
  14. Jamie wrote:

The UD setting spray is so wonderful! I'm still unsure about the Tarte foundation because I'm a Bare Minerals lady through and through. Have you ever tried the original mineral foundation? How do you think it compares?
    Jamie of Hello There, Lady!

Posted 11.17.15 Reply
  15. scariebass wrote:

Seriously beautiful look. How do you use the highlighter?

Posted 11.18.15 Reply
  16. ehomaha wrote:

What do you recommend for those of us that have to use daily SPF? Your makeup here looks absolutely gorgeous! It looks airbrushed!

Posted 11.18.15 Reply
  17. Jenny wrote:

i love this! your skin looks amazing! what under eye concealer do you use? your eyes are sooo bright!

Posted 12.10.15 Reply
  18. Julia Cora wrote:

Will sap abap dubai be the best sap abap in dubai.

Posted 1.12.18 Reply