high five for friday

not only is it friday, but it’s the friday before christmas! yeee!

i love christmas.
ornaments, lights, snowmen, christmas music, time with family, cutout cookies, boots, scarves, opening gifts. all the works.

1. getting to eat portillo’s. the best fries, hot dog, and root beer you’ll eva have.

2. x factor finale happened last night – i wasn’t at all surprised with the results, melanie has an amazing voice.
3. rockin’ the top knot on a rainy midwestern day.
4. wearing my hunter boots everyday since i got them.
5. my sonia kashuk luxury lip color in mauvey.
want to join in the High Five for Friday fun?
 link up!

Hi there!

Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I'm a small business owner, wife, and mom currently residing in Raleigh, NC. In sharing my love for fashion, beauty finds, and interiors, I hope that you feel inspired and encouraged to express your own style and feel confident!

shop my instagram

1. 12.23.11
    Meg Cady said:

Thanks for another fab. Installment of high five!

Loving your top bun! You rock it well! Have a berry merry Christmas!

2. 12.23.11
    Lauren L said:

How cute is your new blog pic???!! Super cute!

3. 12.23.11
    Anonymous said:

I'm sorry I submitted my link twice Lauren! I didn't title it right, if you want you can remove number 5 "high five for friday" and leave "my red & purple life". Thanks, love your blog it's so fun! Merry Christmas!

4. 12.23.11

Top knot tutorial PUH LEASE!!! My hair's at this awkward long phase and a pony just isn't doing it when I want all my hair off my back!

5. 12.23.11
    Lauren said:

I love the top knot, and I also love the lipstick!

6. 12.23.11
    Carolyn said:

I was just going to say "OMG they have Portillo's out there too?" Then I read rainy midwestern day and knew you were back in Chicagoland. Man, the weather yesterday stunk. But today is bright and sunny! I heart Portillo's. I am having a beef with sweet peppers for lunch today! I can't wait. My other fave (when I am being good) is the chopped salad from barnelli's. YUM..

Hope you and your deeder (what I call my seester) have a great Crimmis (what me and my deeder call Christmas!)

7. 12.23.11
    Anonymous said:

Can you post how you did that top knot in your hair? SO CUTE!

8. 12.27.11
    Ally said:

Where did you get your chunky infinity scarf? I have been looking for one forEVA!

9. 12.28.11

@Ally – it's from World Market!