on being inspired

i’ve been doing a little re-arranging to my desk/work space in my bedroom the past couple of days. yes, i just moved into my new place a month ago. and yes, i already have re-arranged all the furniture. please tell me i’m not the only one that does this.
i decided to throw a few cork boards (from target, of course) on the wall as a place for me to pin up some inspiration. not just for blogging, but for life. quotes that i like (“do more of what makes you happy”), places that i like (j.crew), anything goes. the more i blog, the more inspiration i find in everyday things. i think that’s a good sign.
where do you find inspiration?

Hi there!

Lauren Loves is an online destination where I share my personal style, beauty finds, and bits of life in hopes to inspire other women to feel good in their skin and find the beauty in the ordinary.

shop my instagram

1. 6.7.12

Love this idea! In my old college apartment (a really really small, scary apartment) I had an ugly wooden wall, so I because I couldn't paint, I covered it with pictures and quotes.

That's a great idea with the cork board–keeps it nice and clean. So "retro" to actually have a real life Pinterest board!! πŸ˜‰

2. 6.7.12
    Courtney said:

I like this idea! I'd love to have outfit inspiration boards and fun quotes πŸ™‚

3. 6.7.12

I've always wanted to do this "cork board" thing on my wall too! And girl, I'm notorious in rearranging furniture like once every month or sometimes, I can go to a weekly basis too. lol

4. 6.7.12
    Kelly said:

girl don't you wish that everything you pinned on Pinterest would automatically show up a cork board at your house…well maybe not I would need a HUUUUGE cork board but still, it's a good thought. I find a lot of inspiration on instagram….I freaking LOVE it. also just flipping through magazines…also rearranging furniture is awesome if you love a little change in your life…

5. 6.7.12
    Niki said:

You are not the only one who rearranges your furniture! I get bored and love to rearrange things every so often for a little fix πŸ™‚

I totally agree with Kelly (above) about Pinterest!

6. 6.7.12
    Carly said:

Love the little mason jar and spoon picture! Too cute!

Carly

7. 6.7.12

VERY cute!! I must say in reference to your post the other day about the moon, it really made me slow down and stand in awe of the lightning storm we had last night outside my apartment. The more I blog, the more I'm inspired but also the more blogs I read, the more I'm inspired. Thanks for being one of those blogs πŸ™‚

8. 6.7.12

youΒ΄re not the only one… i switch my living and dining rooms around about every month…. :

9. 6.7.12
    Genna said:

I moved into my new place three weeks ago Saturday and I had the furniture rearranged by the following Sunday. Guilty. You're definitely not the only one!

10. 6.7.12
    Kara said:

Love your real life pin boards! My friend had something very similar in her room and it turned out great! Can't wait to see your's when it's filled. πŸ™‚

11. 6.7.12

You're not the only one! I rearrange my room every couple months!

12. 6.7.12
    Meg said:

My sister jokes with me that she doesn't think she has ever been to my house seen it laid out the same way. And I am in the process of repainting and changing the furniture again. HA!

Love the cork boards! I did that in my kitchen to hold recipes on the cupboards.

13. 6.7.12
    Angie said:

OMG Pinterest is evil lol!!! Not really, I love it SO much.. I just wish everything I saw I had time for!!! I rearrange my furniture ALL the time.. it's refreshing!! Your pin boards are so cute!!

14. 6.7.12

Magazines from all genres are where most of my inspiration comes from; especially since my husband and I now own a home I'm starting to become more of a sucker for the home decorating magazines that I never found interest in before πŸ™‚

15. 6.8.12
    Danielle said:

This is adorable. LOVE the corkboards πŸ™‚

16. 6.8.12
    Victoria said:

I definitely move my furniture around way too much. Even if the big peices don't move, the little details of each room are constantly changing. As far as inspiration, life inspires me most, words and pictures after that.

17. 6.8.12

I have those same cork boards! πŸ™‚ Great minds think alike. I completely agree that blogging has opened my eyes to another world of inspiration, and not just what I see but also to read about the things people DO! I love it.

Happy Friday, Lauren!

#FMGDfan

ALWAYS. Oh, yeah. And #beastmode!