DC via my iPhone

kate and i got back from DC last night. we had so much fun exploring the city and walking around. we saw the “sights”, including the white house, washington monument, and the smithsonian museum of natural history. we walked around georgetown (which we loved) and ate more food than either of us thought possible. on sunday, we headed over to old town alexandria (in virginia) to walk around and do a little boutique shopping. we instantly fell in love with the quaint downtown area and i’m pretty convinced i could live there. it was so beautiful.

among the exploring, we had our share of funny moments. like when we got a little confused on the metro and ended pretty deep into maryland. or when i asked kate if she had any “earballs” (um…what?). or when we were stranded at the metro station waiting for our hotel shuttle to come pick us up and we started line dancing and singing a song that both of us no longer remember.

overall, it was another successful sister trip. i’m pretty happy to have a sister i like hanging out with on the regular. and one that likes cupcakes just as much as i do.

Hi there!

Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I'm a small business owner, wife, and mom currently residing in Raleigh, NC. In sharing my love for fashion, beauty finds, and interiors, I hope that you feel inspired and encouraged to express your own style and feel confident!

shop my instagram

1. 11.12.12

Let me just say that you are gorgeous!
    kianabates.blogspot.com

2. 11.12.12
    Ragan said:

D.C. is my favorite!

3. 11.12.12
    Courtney said:

You two make me wish that I had a sister!

4. 11.12.12

i totally envy your relationship – I met my sister late in life, and we get along amazing, but we don't have that deep connection you get from growing up together. love your photos, looks like it was a great weekend 🙂

5. 11.12.12
    Amy said:

Yaaaaaay, you went to the Natural History museum! Living so close to DC, I think I and lots of my family and friends totally take it for granted and don't go nearly as often as we should. Same for Old Town Alexandria and Baltimore (which has an awesome aquarium).

Glad you had fun!

6. 11.12.12

DC looks like it was awesome. I haven't been in years!

7. 11.12.12
    Ellie said:

That cupcake looks amazing! I've never been to DC but I would love to see the Smithsonian someday!

x Ellie @ Ellalogy

8. 11.12.12
    Ashley said:

You two are so lovely… I've been reading through your archives for the past few days and you & your sis are so stylish and inspiring! Keep it comin! 😉

9. 11.12.12
    Anonymous said:

My old stomping grounds. Love DC!

10. 11.12.12

Your fun weekend makes me want to make plans with my Mr. and spend the weekend exploring DC. We only live a couple hours away and I am definitely putting this on the to do list!

11. 11.12.12

looks like an amazing and fun trip! glad you all enjoyed the time away. can't wait to one day make it to DC!

12. 11.12.12

I love and miss living in DC sometimes… It sounds / looks like you had a great trip!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm doing a Heylee B. Boutique Giveaway! I thought you might be interested.

xoxo
    A-

13. 11.12.12
    Elise said:

DC has without a doubt the most fabulous metro system in the country. I haven't been since the summer of 2010, but I want to make it back when it isn't blazing and humid outside.

14. 11.12.12
    Kristina said:

Looks like a lot of yummy food! Which really is the most important part of a trip.

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

15. 11.12.12

I have "earballs"! In fact, I often tell my hubby if something is too loud that it, "hurts my earballs". No clue where the term comes from, but your sister is right…she does have "earballs"…at least according to me.

Happy to hear y'all enjoyed DC! Whenever we drive into the city, I'm always in awe about how close we live to this beautiful and most powerful city in the world. Amazing.

16. 11.12.12
    Anonymous said:

17. 11.12.12
    Shaina said:

That green striped shirt is so cute! Where is it from?

18. 11.12.12
    Lexi said:

Soooooo, What was the winning outfit out of the 7 or 8 you posted last week?

19. 11.12.12

lol! Oh those funny times are what make the best memories. Glad you had such a wonderful trip with your sister. Your pictures make me so excited to go to DC on Friday. I can't wait!!

20. 11.12.12
    Anonymous said:

Yay for you, your sis and your trip to DC! Glad to see you're back 🙂

-MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

21. 11.13.12
    Anonymous said:

Girl I love DC! Don't worry the metro confuses the mess out of me and I love how everybody just acts like its not big thing and they have the whole metro route timed. The best part is when you get on and people are sleeping! What! My cousin lives in DC area and he sleeps on the metro… he just sets his phone to wake him up when its time for him to get off. lol. One time he overselpt. ha ha oops. Then my nana got her luggage in the metro door! Let me tell you them doors don't open back up once they have their minds set on closing. ha ha. Glad you had a good time. I just got back from DC last month:)

22. 11.13.12
    Anonymous said:

*a, *stuck.

23. 11.13.12
    MrsJFree said:

I love that you made time for Old Town during your trip! I live nearby and love it so much that I got married there 🙂

24. 11.13.12
    Rachal said:

Glad you loved D.C. and Old Town. I live in the heart of Old Town and while it's super expensive…it's super worth it. And isn't Georgetown great? Did you do Georgetown Cupcakes or Sprinkles??? They are great little pit stops for a snack! You guys are great – love reading your blogs!

25. 11.13.12
    Anonymous said:

Y'all always do fun stuff together! It makes me want to hang out with my sisters more.

26. 11.13.12
    Elena said:

Looks like you had an amazing time in DC!
    Kisses
    Elena

27. 11.15.12
    Lauren said:

I was in D.C this weekend and I thought, "How cool would it be to run into Kate and Lauren?!" Y'all are great.

Lauren from Tennessee