high five for friday

1. turns out, my sister has been doing my hair for a long time. like, since perms were cool. (or were they never cool and i just thought they were?)
2. tiny spades. i couldn’t resist.
3. made my grandpa’s homemade chili the other day. i forgot how much i love it. so, i’ll obviously be making it too much this winter.
4. some of the girls from the madewell event that my sis and i hosted the other night. it was so fun! full post about it to come next week!
5. i like to call this the snore pile. also, the cutest thing i’ve ever seen.

kate and i are headed to DC today for the weekend! if you have any last minute suggestions of things we need to see, let me know! {or tweet me: @lauren_fmgd}

how was your week? link up below and tell me about it!

Hi there!

Lauren Loves is an online destination where I share my personal style, beauty finds, and bits of life in hopes to inspire other women to feel good in their skin and find the beauty in the ordinary.

shop my instagram

1. 11.9.12
    Erin said:

Those earrings are precious πŸ™‚ Happy Friday!

2. 11.9.12
    F.... said:

Perms were cool… right? HAahahah I had one as a kid. Okay. Okay. More than one. Have a wonderful weekend Lauren!

3. 11.9.12

Haha! I love all of these! I mean, if Kate DID the perm for you, they must have been cool, right? Or it was the most well-crafted sister prank ever. Who knows? πŸ˜‰

Of course, I love the snore pile! Was that M or O?

Have a great time in D.C.! I haven't been in so long, so I don't have any suggestions other than "have fun." Ha!

4. 11.9.12

Perms were cool! At least that's what I tell myself being that I wore one for years, lol. Oh, the 80's were great…all that BIG hair!

5. 11.9.12

i wouldn't mind a blanket wrapped cat in my bed. so snuggly.

6. 11.9.12
    Elena said:

Cat in a blanket is suuuper cute!!!!:) Have fun in DC, the weather is going to be beautiful here so I'm sure you'll enjoy your weekend!
    Kisses
    Elena

7. 11.9.12
    Ragan said:

i LOVE those tiny spade earrings!

8. 11.9.12
    Betty said:

Ooooh…those chili makings make me want to make some of my own!

9. 11.9.12
    Kandi said:

Number 5 is probably the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!! DC is SOOO much fun, I know you and Kate will love it!

10. 11.9.12
    Amy said:

Being my teacher self, I'm a museum gal. I adore the Newseum and the International Spy Museum (both pricey but worth it), and the National Zoo (free). But the absolute best (AND ALSO FREE): the Museum of Natural History.

nerd.heaven.

By way of clothing choices, layers are your best friend. It's supposed to be in the 40s at night and 60s to near-70 during the day in DC this weekend. And bring your walkin' shoes.

11. 11.9.12

Chili is something that i attempted once, and it was such a disaster, that i never went back! Although that was back when I was just on my own for the first time and could barely get KD right… seeing as i am a much better chef now i might give it another go – you should share your grandpa's recipe! (unless it is some kind of family secret :P)

12. 11.9.12

those spade earrings are adorable!!

13. 11.9.12

Every time you post about your kitties it really makes me want to get one! Maybe in 2013!!! πŸ™‚

14. 11.9.12
    Allison said:

Linking up for the first time this week! I love your kitty picture…my cats love to cuddle so much more when it starts getting cold out! Happy Friday!

15. 11.9.12
    Kris said:

You must check out Co Co Sala for one of your restaurant stops! Entire menu centered around chocolate πŸ™‚

16. 11.10.12

Do we get to see pics of the perm? πŸ™‚ Have fun in DC and be sure to post pics!

17. 11.10.12

Oh and is your cupcake pic on instagram from Georgetown Cupcakes?

18. 11.10.12
    Anonymous said:

Please share grandpa's recipe πŸ™‚

19. 11.11.12

Really curious how your perm looked πŸ™‚