high five for friday

1. turns out, my sister has been doing my hair for a long time. like, since perms were cool. (or were they never cool and i just thought they were?)
2. tiny spades. i couldn’t resist.
3. made my grandpa’s homemade chili the other day. i forgot how much i love it. so, i’ll obviously be making it too much this winter.
4. some of the girls from the madewell event that my sis and i hosted the other night. it was so fun! full post about it to come next week!
5. i like to call this the snore pile. also, the cutest thing i’ve ever seen.

kate and i are headed to DC today for the weekend! if you have any last minute suggestions of things we need to see, let me know! {or tweet me: @lauren_fmgd}

how was your week? link up below and tell me about it!

Hi there!

Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! I'm a small business owner, wife, and mom currently residing in Raleigh, NC. In sharing my love for fashion, beauty finds, and interiors, I hope that you feel inspired and encouraged to express your own style and feel confident!

shop my instagram

1. 11.9.12
    Erin said:

Those earrings are precious πŸ™‚ Happy Friday!

2. 11.9.12
    F.... said:

Perms were cool… right? HAahahah I had one as a kid. Okay. Okay. More than one. Have a wonderful weekend Lauren!

3. 11.9.12

Haha! I love all of these! I mean, if Kate DID the perm for you, they must have been cool, right? Or it was the most well-crafted sister prank ever. Who knows? πŸ˜‰

Of course, I love the snore pile! Was that M or O?

Have a great time in D.C.! I haven't been in so long, so I don't have any suggestions other than "have fun." Ha!

4. 11.9.12

Perms were cool! At least that's what I tell myself being that I wore one for years, lol. Oh, the 80's were great…all that BIG hair!

5. 11.9.12

i wouldn't mind a blanket wrapped cat in my bed. so snuggly.

6. 11.9.12
    Elena said:

Cat in a blanket is suuuper cute!!!!:) Have fun in DC, the weather is going to be beautiful here so I'm sure you'll enjoy your weekend!
    Kisses
    Elena

7. 11.9.12
    Ragan said:

i LOVE those tiny spade earrings!

8. 11.9.12
    Betty said:

Ooooh…those chili makings make me want to make some of my own!

9. 11.9.12
    Kandi said:

Number 5 is probably the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!! DC is SOOO much fun, I know you and Kate will love it!

10. 11.9.12
    Amy said:

Being my teacher self, I'm a museum gal. I adore the Newseum and the International Spy Museum (both pricey but worth it), and the National Zoo (free). But the absolute best (AND ALSO FREE): the Museum of Natural History.

nerd.heaven.

By way of clothing choices, layers are your best friend. It's supposed to be in the 40s at night and 60s to near-70 during the day in DC this weekend. And bring your walkin' shoes.

11. 11.9.12

Chili is something that i attempted once, and it was such a disaster, that i never went back! Although that was back when I was just on my own for the first time and could barely get KD right… seeing as i am a much better chef now i might give it another go – you should share your grandpa's recipe! (unless it is some kind of family secret :P)

12. 11.9.12

those spade earrings are adorable!!

13. 11.9.12

Every time you post about your kitties it really makes me want to get one! Maybe in 2013!!! πŸ™‚

14. 11.9.12
    Allison said:

Linking up for the first time this week! I love your kitty picture…my cats love to cuddle so much more when it starts getting cold out! Happy Friday!

15. 11.9.12
    Kris said:

You must check out Co Co Sala for one of your restaurant stops! Entire menu centered around chocolate πŸ™‚

16. 11.10.12

Do we get to see pics of the perm? πŸ™‚ Have fun in DC and be sure to post pics!

17. 11.10.12

Oh and is your cupcake pic on instagram from Georgetown Cupcakes?

18. 11.10.12
    Anonymous said:

Please share grandpa's recipe πŸ™‚

19. 11.11.12

Really curious how your perm looked πŸ™‚