I have another wedding-related update for you today! Since we have almost all of our Save the Date’s sent out, I thought I would give you a little peek at what they look like.
We ordered them from Minted and I was really happy with how they turned out. It was such a simple process – I just uploaded the photo, changed the names/date/location, and added a little ‘story of us’ to the back and that was it! I really enjoyed looking through all of the options and had a hard time narrowing it down to this one. I picked out a few that I really liked and asked for Mike’s opinion – he picked these! (This is not sponsored, by the way. We paid for the StD ourselves!)
The best thing about having the Save the Date’s done means that we have our guest list (pretty much) finalized! That has been the hardest thing, thus far. We want to keep it pretty small and intimate, but we also have the flexibility to accommodate a good amount of people, so it’s hard to know where to draw the line. But, I think we’ve found a good balance, so it feels real good to check that one off the list.
Speaking of lists, I thought I’d share a monthly post with updates on wedding-related things – what we’ve accomplished, what still needs to be done, etc. I haven’t quite figured out just how many details I will be sharing, but I know that there are so many of you who have been following along during our relationship since the beginning, so I hope you’re interested in what’s happening now!
What’s already done:
– We have our date! As you can see, we’re getting married in July of this year!
– We have our venue! This was one of the first things that I wanted to get done, since we were working on a pretty short timeframe (getting engaged in November, to be getting married in summer 2017) and I think some of you will be really surprised to hear where it is
– I have my dress! I’m thinking about doing a full post just on my dress shopping/buying experience…
– We have our photographer (and I am SO EXCITED).
– We have asked our bridal party – I have four girls, he has five dudes standing beside him.
– Save the Date’s have been sent
What needs to be done:
– everything else 😉
What needs to be done next:
– Start nailing down vendors – DJ, catering, videographer, etc.
– Honeymoon plans! We’re really hoping to do a European honeymoon, but are waiting to find out a few things before we can start planning…which is another life update that I will share, when the time is right! (Do you like the vagueness? Just trying to keep it interesting around here.)
– Nailing down the style, aesthetic, and feel for the day. I’m waffling a lot on colors and things, so I need to just spend a day on Pinterest and make a darn decision!
I’m already feeling like I’m running out of time, but we still have 6 months, so I know it’s all good. Every time we make another decision or check another thing off the list, I feel better, so it will be great to start getting some of the vendors and things like that. I’m so looking forward to seeing how it will all come together. I’m trying my best to fight any of the stress and anxiety that can come along with wedding planning because I want to enjoy this special time, as much as possible.
Hopefully, in the next update, I’ll have some of those “needs to be done” put into the “already done” column. Wish us luck!