When it comes to makeup and getting ready for the day, I’m typically an all or nothin’ kind of girl. If I’m going to take the time to do it, I’m going to really do it – style my hair, do a full-face of makeup, pick out an outfit, everything. If I’m not feeling like getting ready, I’ll usually just do my skincare routine, throw on a little under eye brightener and pull my hair back in a low bun.
There are, however, a few occasions in which a “five-minute face” happens! If we make last minute plans, or I just want to feel a little more pulled together with a bit of makeup, I’ll utilize this quick and easy routine. It evens out my skin, adds a little color, and brightens up my eyes — all the things that help me look more awake!
I follow the same order of steps for my full-face routine, swapping out a couple products and not using every product in my makeup bag. For these days, I like a lighter coverage foundation look, so I use a BB cream. It evens out my skin tone and provides a little coverage without looking heavy. Then it’s just concealer (for under eyes and any blemishes) with a touch of bronzer and blush. I’ll fill in my brows, like usual, and just add a coat of mascara to open up my eyes and define my lashes! I always finish with a setting spray, even on these light days – it locks everything in place.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer in Light
- it Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer in Light Nude
- NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara Primer
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara in Black
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
I’ve got enough practice doing the things that take a little bit longer, like filling in my brows and applying mascara, so this truly is a five-minute routine for me! I love having the option of a few, quick steps to get ready.