Just a quick review of some of the things that I wore in and what I packed for our trip to Maui…
I’ve worn pull-on shorts like this all summer long and was so happy that I packed them. Something like this is great on a beach vacation because they double as a cover-up!
I would normally bring just one pair of sunglasses along on a trip, but decided to really go for it this time around. Having options made it fun! Plus, I liked having the different styles to choose from depending on the activity we were going to do.
I brought along two hats and wore one of them every single day! It’s a great way to protect your face from the sun, plus it helps to hide that beach/ocean/humidity hair, which I appreciate.
This tote bag is one of my favorite Amazon purchases of late. I love that it has a zip-top, so it feels secure. Plus, it works great as a beach bag or a regular tote — I used it to go to the beach and when we went out in the evenings.
These denim shorts were my most worn item the whole trip. They’re a little spendy, but have proven to be well worth the investment for me!
Sun protection is a must, especially when I’m spending all day outside. I applied this CC Cream on every morning (even though I didn’t put any other makeup on to do to the beach) and finished with the setting spray. It worked perfectly!
I liked having some light, flowy tops like this one to throw over my swimsuit in the morning. Sometimes we’d get in our suits and drive somewhere, or get a bite to eat somewhere before swimming, so I liked having a proper “outfit” on.
I wore these $13 sandals almost every day of the trip! I’m not a flipflop person (don’t like the toe separation), so I wanted something super lightweight and easy to slide on for the pool and beach. These fit the bill!
A few of the other things I packed and wore:
Things I wish I had brought:
- some form of water shoe (for the rocky beaches)
- another lightweight dress to wear in the evenings
- a kimono or very lightweight cardigan – there was one evening that there was a slight chill in the air, but didn’t warrant the heaviness of the denim jacket I packed
Things I packed that I didn’t even use:
- my curling wand — honestly, I don’t know why that even made its way into my suitcase. My hair is worthless in the humidity and at the beach! It wouldn’t have held a curl for 10 seconds.
- a couple long-sleeve tops to wear in the morning/evening — this may also be due to the fact that our hotel was very open-air, but I only wore tanks and tees!