One of the easiest go-to meals in our house is this teriyaki salmon. I’ve been making it for years! I used to cook the salmon and broccoli together in the oven, but now use my air fryer. I shared more about what air fryer I have and why I like it in this post. It’s a super easy meal that is packed with good stuff and leaves you full! The best part is that you can easily meal prep some extra servings for lunch the next day, too.
Teriyaki Salmon Step-by-Step
- Start by marinating your salmon fillets. I usually pour a few tablespoons of marinade into a dish or glass container, lay the salmon fillets skin side up into the marinade, then pour more marinade over the top. I make sure that the sides get some, too! I do this for at least 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- While salmon is marinating, start on your rice. We like jasmine rice with this meal, so I cook my rice according to the packaging.
- Prep your broccoli by washing and cutting into bite-sized pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- If using an air fryer: When your salmon is ready, simply lay salmon fillets skin side down into air fryer basket. Surround salmon with broccoli and cook in air fryer. Depending on the size of your salmon, cooking time will vary. I usually start at 400º for 9 minutes, then add time, as needed. If using an oven: When your salmon is ready, simply lay salmon fillets skin side down onto one side of a sheet pan. Fill the other side of pan with broccoli and put into the pre-heated oven. Depending on the size of your salmon, cooking time will vary. I usually cook at 400º for about 15 minutes, checking the salmon for doneness and adding time, as needed.
- When plating, you can add a little extra marinade to the top of your salmon for an extra dose of flavor. Top broccoli and salmon with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Delicious, easy, and minimal clean up! We have this one in our regular dinner rotation. Let me know if you try it!